• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Charity Rides…please read.
  • rustydub
    Free Member

For any of those that know me from this forum, you might be aware that I am a Brin Tumour sufferer. I was diagnosed with a brain tumour 2 years ago after without any warning having a massive seizure, and waking up 2 days later in the Heath Hospital. I have since had 2 lots of major brain surgery, with very long periods of recovery after each one. Up until the day of my seizure I was a fit and healthy 40yr old. One of the things that has helped my recovery is cycling, and after a long time I am finally getting my fitness back!

My wife is organising a sponsored ride down the Taff Trail on May 3rd,
    With the proceeds going jointly between The Brain Research Trust http://www.brt.org.uk/ and Marie Curie Holme Towers Hospice in Penarth. Both charities are very worthy causes.
    Brain Tumours are a form of cancer that very little is known about, like many people I had very little knowledge of them before being taken ill. It is vital that funding into research is continued, as if a cause of them is found it is possible so could a cure
    The BRT, not only funds research into Brain Tumours, but diseases such as Alzheimer’s Disease, Autism, Epilepsy, Huntington’s Disease, Stroke, Migraine, Parkinson’s Disease also Serious Head injuries.

If you would like to support us the easiest way is by clicking on the following link http://www.justgiving.com/tafftrailbrainresearch it doesn’t take long, please give what you can. Alternatively email me at bryn-ruston@hotmail.co.uk if you want to donate on a traditional sponsor form. Or if anyone is interested in doing the ride and collecting money themselves, we already have 17 riders signed up! Its on the Taff Trail which runs from Brecon to Cardiff , we have decided on a length of 32 miles to cater for non riders in the team, not the most challenging terrain but you could treat it as a race. 😉
    If anyone could support by donating spare inner tubes and or patch kits,
    That would be good too.

Thanks in advance for you support
    Bryn.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Charity Rides…please read.’ is closed to new replies.