Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Charge Ladle… or other ladies saddle recommendations pls
  • MrsMoo
    Free Member

Need a new saddle…. currently have a Bontraqer gel saddle, and although it looks like a sofa, it isn't very comfortable (and is a bit ugly)!! Thinking of getting a Charge Ladle.. has anyone used one, are they any good? Or any other recomnendations? I don't really want to spend over £50 as a bit skint at the mo.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I generally find the slimmer harder saddles are more comfy as I think they give you more support (I hate the big padded sofa like things).

I had a Charge Ladle for a while and found it ok, but a bit wide for me and not as nice as my WTB Deva saddle. I now have WTB Deva saddles on both my bikes. The more expensive racey one is the nicest but the slightly more padded gel ones are still really great and I recently bought one for a friend for £20, so they're a real bargain in my opinion. They're a bit narrower than the ladle and easier to get off the back, but obviously saddles are a pretty personal thing.

(All I would say is steer clear of the WTB She saddle – its the most horrible thing I've ever ridden!)

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Oops

MrsMoo
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice MountainMonkey. I find my current saddle a bit too wide, so maybe the ladle isn't the best for me. Will have a look at the WTB Deva…. When I first started mtbing last summer, I thought a gel "sofa" saddle would be the best, but now realise that they aren't necessarily the most comfy and they kinda ruin the look of a nice bike)!!

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

Mrs Fascist uses a SDG Bel air. Not a lady's saddle per se but she finds it comfy plus it lets her move around on the bike properly, which wide berthed lady's saddles tend not to.

timmys

My girlfriend had her first ride on her new Charge Ladle yesterday and pronounced it "very comfortable", she previously had some kind of Specialized Body Geometry one which she never really found uncomfortable but did hate how it looked hence trying the Ladle.

I would say the Ladle is worth a shot considering the price – if you don't like it you can probably sell it on at very little loss.

juan
    Free Member

Crap I was going to say that Mrs juan loves her she speed…

juan
    Free Member

Crap I was going to say that Mrs juan loves her she speed…

mieszko
    Free Member

My other half has a Specialized BG sport womens saddle on her bike. It isn't in the sporty and firm parts, not light, but she finds it very comfortable and better than a basic Velo saddle on her old bike by a mile. It is soft-ish, so probably not best for longer distances but I did 40km rides with her without complaining so has to be good. 🙂 Not too expensive at £25, but probably there are better saddles for some xc and longer rides.

Also she tried two saddles off my bikes, Charge Spoon wasn't too bad but riding on my Fizik Pave was compared to being tortured 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Charge Ladle… or other ladies saddle recommendations pls’ is closed to new replies.