Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Charge blender as XC bike?
  • glynP
    Free Member

Anyone got one? as I'm only a shortie I was wondering if this would be a good XC bike for me or will the 66 degree seat angle make sit too far behind the BB. Its only really for bombing around the woods and for huge days out.

bintangman
    Free Member

I've been thinking that same thought – reckon it would be good for the bombing round the woods bit but not on the big days out. I was thinking it would be a perfect trail centre bike (think of the Gorlech trail on it…..) and good for the DH routes in the forest of dean, and the 4X track at Redhill. I was looking for one to try out for size in Bristol this morning but no luck.

chakaping
    Free Member

I've just bought one, but have only ridden back from the station and up and down the road so far.

Got to change the forks and wheels over – but will be taking it out for a 10 mile-ish ride round the local woods early in new year and will report back if you like.

First impressions were that it felt very much like my old Big Hit in terms of angles – and felt like climbing would be almost as much of a chore as it was on that.

Has no front mech guides either btw.

treka
    Free Member

I use mine as an all round bike on local single track, messing about in the woods, trail centres and even used it to compete at a CX race. You might want to swap the short ratio cassette for a 32 and the excellant Argyle fork might be a tad heavy, but otherwise go for it as it's a great bike, especially when you point it down hill. Tall riders might struggle to use it for XC though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Charge blender as XC bike?’ is closed to new replies.