Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Chapel Gate Open To 4x4s Again…
  • thepodge
    Free Member

Roych isn’t a bridalway, if it was, 4×4 shouldn’t be on it.

But don’t let facts get in the way of a good rant

banks
    Free Member

It’s just about rollable or just clear it. Obviously need a full face and an urge helmet to do so

hora
    Free Member

AND a ‘urge helmet’?

Is that code for a boner? 😉

james
    Free Member

“has made Chapel Gate deadly dull with a capital D”
    Yep, though it makes for a managable most conditions ascent to cut out the oft boggy legit side of rushop edge and gain a bit more length/effort to give a few more options on the hayfield end

“why they resurfaced it to such a high standard if they expected the ban to stick”
    My guess was if they just dumped a load of gravel on it, it wouldn’t take too long before the rain/snow melt got it

“the more tech the trail the safer it is for walkers”
    +1, unless the walkers can’t/won’t walk it, ala chapel gate
    Since they levelled it, when I’ve been on chapel gate walkers I’ve met have still used the muddy high shoulder instead of the repaird track itself

“A 2ft drop off in the centre of the bridleway is dangerous to most riders. Its not rollable”
    It is?
    granted saddle down and plenty of body movement, but i did it the other week past a 4×4 that decided it couldn’t do it and take the chicken line instead
    “not fair to expect someone new to the area to bust their collarbone etc when they hit that part”
    Fair point. The preceeding section of rock drops/lumpiness ought to give a decent clue as to the level of severity of whats upcoming? Preceeding lumpiness ought to have speeds for those unknowing right down?

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I’ve rolled it, it’s fine.

banks
    Free Member

Haha, it is now!

bigdean

new years day ride by Dean-B1, on Flickr

Good to see no negative impact since the overturn. Further down is worse and the drainage ditches are starting to break up.

richpips
    Free Member

Good to see no negative impact since the overturn. Further down is worse and the drainage ditches are starting to break up.

That bit has always been like that. They’ve never improved that section.

The bits which will get messed up are the steep bits.

bigdean

I grant its always flooded there but its aways been passable. Not now, have to walk around the bog further down is getting just as bad.
    Like someone pointed out earlier its / was the dryer less muddy route to rushup/ royce from edale.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Chapel Gate Open To 4x4s Again…’ is closed to new replies.