Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Changing the upper tubes on a set of fox 36's….How tricky to do your self??
  • YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

As above, i have some 36 Vanilla RC2 with knackered uppers (l/h stanction worn through to silver+grooved).

I just bought these and to cut a long story short have been ripped off. They have had a full mojo service last week. It was them that pointed out the wear. I was sent them set at 110mm so the wear couldn't be seen, i sent them right off to be serviced. (they were TALAS, but i paid to have mojo convert them to coil).

Anyway, its £175+ another £100 service/labour to have them fitted (i didnt have the cash for new tubes when i got them two weeks ago).

So, how tricky is it to do yourself? I believe most things in there are sealed anyway. I.e the RC2 damper.

What do you reckon, do it myself or send them off when i get some more cash?

Cheers

spock
    Free Member

easy, theres videos on ebay, same with all fox forks, undo top caps and bottom nuts, swap uppers, put bacc together

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Hmm, but what about the plungers/internal sliders? I am keeping all my internals, all you get is the steerer and stanctions, nothing internal at all.

I am thinking it cant be that tricky, but in the past i have had isses with pesky little circlips etc.

Cheers

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

easy mate i did 2 pairs the same day..
    check this out …

http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/Content/Service/Forks/36FLOAT/36FLOAT_RC2.htm

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I thought this was resolved with the seller as being a genuine mistake?

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Well, no in a word. I have just let it go, and as a good will thing he has given me 25 quid back. At the end of the day if you have some forks for almost a year, you are going to notice that the stanctions are shagged and the lowers are cracked by the pinch bolts aren't you. Regardless of little you use them or how little know about bikes your gonna see these issues.

Anyway, like i say cant be arsed with it so am now trying to get them sorted as cheap as i can. When done, they will have cost me the same as a new set arrrhhhh!

Cheers for the info there guys.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Changing the upper tubes on a set of fox 36's….How tricky to do your self??’ is closed to new replies.