Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Changing spring in Lyrik DH RC2
  • Taz

Just got these and so far am loving them.

Would like to try the firmer spring. Not convinced I need to but will be able to get a couple of test rides this week so worth a try, I think. Hoping I can then run less compression damping

Anyhooo.

Do I simply unscrew the non drive side top cap and compress the fork to remove the seal / spring and reverse for replacement. Or is it more involved than that? Can’t seem to find any info on line

Thanks

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nearly as simple as that yes…. You might find it’s bolted in at the bottom (U turn springs will be) as well. In that case half undo the bottom bolt, and give it a tap with a small hammer to release the spring, then fully remove the bolt. There’s oil in there too, which will need replacing if it’s not a new fork. It’ll drain out of the bottom when you take the bolt out! 15cc of 15wt fork oil is the proper stuff, but any light oil will do, engine oil, Fox Float fluid etc 🙂

Taz

PP – top man. Thanks

fuzzhead
    Free Member

If it’s the non- u-turn version, then you just undo the top cap on the spring side. There’s a preload spacer under the top cap – watch you don’t lose it – top cap off, preload spacer off, spring out, new spring in, preload spacer on and top cap back on. 2 min job.

slowrider
    Free Member

Think I need to do this on my new forks, what spring comes as standard so I know which one to order?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Changing spring in Lyrik DH RC2’ is closed to new replies.