• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by aw.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • chance to splash out £1000…what should i get?
  • aw
    Free Member

Ok I have four bikes and Ok there is no room in the garage right now but work have re-launched C2W scheme and I can buy something shiny for £1,000 but only pay back £600 over 12 months!

It would be rude not to 😉

The only question is what to get?

I have 3 MTBs and one cyclo-cross at the moment with three of these SS.

I can only use Evans or Halfords.

My first thought was a carbon road bike like the boardman team carbon but I am a SS at heart so the cotic road rat also appeals.

Then I dissatisfied with my MTBs. I love my old shonky kona cindercone single speed converted bike but the chain tensioner annoys the hell out of me and it only V brakes. The kona unit 29er bike is a too small frame size (16″) and I am trying to sell it. The other one, a Klien Attitude V, is geared alu with good kit but it is unexciting and does not have the zing of steel (like the cone). I have always fancied cotic soul or Bfe or maybe a Cove Stiffee.

So the question is darkside or even more MTBs?

Single speed or gears?

Alu, carbon or steel?

I cannot make my mind up and I need to apply before May 22nd!

Help! 🙁

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Do Halfords or Evans do niche?

djglover
    Free Member

I’ve got the same dilemma, Have all the bases covered, whyte 905, commencal meta and Lemond Darkside, so I opted for a real nice commuter: a condor fratello

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Surfr
    Free Member

Bloody nightmare isn’t it. I’m only 4 months into paying for my current bike on Cyclescheme and already plotting the next bike. I was going to get a cross bike like the Tricross for commute/fire road duties but then I stated wondering about the world of full bounce and looked to the Pitch. All was going well until I found out that we’re getting a consumer credit licence and now I’m pondering an Orange Five Pro!

aw
    Free Member

Apparently Halfords will source any bike they can for you…

John_Rowlands
    Free Member

Go for a Orange 5 Pro, you wont regret it 😀 Lot of money but well worth it, see it as an investment to british engineering 😀

aw
    Free Member

is that a HT John?

Surfr
    Free Member

I think John was trying to convince me to go the Five Pro route. Sorry for the hijack 🙂

aw
    Free Member

oh right no problem 🙂

still have not made my mind up…only 11 days to go!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘chance to splash out £1000…what should i get?’ is closed to new replies.