Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 300 total)
  • Champions League Final
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’d imagine Binners may possibly be feeling a little poorly this morning… 😀

Fortunately, I don’t need to travel to The North to mercilessly goad console Man U fayns, as there’s plenty of them down here. 😈

Lifer
    Free Member

‘End to end’ is not a good thing in football imo. Tennis yes, basketball yes, football no. Horses for courses though!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

portlyone – Member
    We’re the second best team in the world and we let in two daft goals, and got beat properly.
    There’s a lot of people commenting after the result…
    POSTED 10 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

It wasn’t about two daft goals – manyuu were played completely off the park for all but the first 10 minutes. Not a class apart – the gulf was much bigger than that unfortunately.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I have seen man utd totally played off the park on more than one occassion this year. I couldnt help but thinking liverpool could beat barcelona in a one off match.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Steady now, SBZ…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

That IS funny.

Lifer
    Free Member

😆

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Well Liverpool beat them 3-1 and played them off the park and Barcelona beat them 3-1 and played them off the park, so it’d be at least a draw. 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Good point actually… 😀

Truth is, I’d rather see Liverpool at least able to compete on the same stage as Barçelona, rather than slagging off United.

Ah well. Won’t be too long. In the meantime, at least we can console ourselves with the misery of Man U fayns. 😀

beagle
    Free Member

Misery? I’m still chuffed about number 19. That was the most important goal this year and it was achieved, thanks.

Won’t be too long? Now that IS the sound of summer! Never mind skylarks or swifts!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thing is, Utd were arguably worse against Barcelona last night than they were in 2009. And to think thatey won the premiership by nine points. That’s a worry.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Nah – Barça were better, not manyuu particularly worse – they just didn’t get a look in. No team would have done last night.

seosamh77
    Free Member

as a neutral i’d say it was more a case of barca being head and shoulders above man u, man u might have played a bit better but in the end up i doubt it’d have made a great deal of difference…The look on fergusons face at the end told you all, he was smiling ffs, no shame in getting tore a new arse from this barca team imo.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Gotta also say it was probably the most enjoyable match I have seen in a very long time. Glad I made the effort to go to the pub and enjoy the atmosphere.

(totally neutral Leeds fan)

Hairychested
    Free Member

Ferguson himself said they were given a good kicking by the far better team. If the second semi finalists played it would’ve been the same.
    EPL is good, very competitive, but not technical enough. How many proper dribblers are there in English clubs? Fewer than in Barca alone.

portlyone

At one stage I did wonder if they had more players on the pitch than us.

Just shows that passing along the ground gives you so much more time than chipping the ball to peoples’ knees (I’m looking at you Carrick!)

Junkyard
    Free Member

the misery of Man U fayns.

19 reasons to be cheerful still elfin 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Be a few years before there’s one of these in the trophy room…

grum
    Free Member

You still don’t get to keep a European Cup in your trophy room though do you 😛

Edit: too slow!

And you pussied out of the slab today.

Junkyard
    Free Member

*sulks*

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 300 total)

The topic ‘Champions League Final’ is closed to new replies.