Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Chameleon owners, help please!
  • oxnop
    Free Member

I'm away with work at the moment and have bought some forks without measuring what size steerer I will need! (I can't believe it) the frame is a large and the steerer on the forks is 175mm.

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

A Google shows it has a 1.125 inch steerer.

Digimap
    Free Member

My large cham has 130mm of head tube, with a cane creek headset + 10mm of spacer + easton vice it's 210mm total (205mm ish steerer).

You've got 45mm of steerer to handle the headset + clamp – EPIC FAIL…

goog
    Free Member

my actual headtube is 130mm and its 155mm with a CK headset, overall size of 205mm with a 50mm stem

BTW – its a large chammy

tails
    Free Member

oh dear I want to post that picture of nelson, but I feel sorry for you. can you back out of the deal explain to the seller, if not sell them on.

Rickos
    Free Member

Whoops!

goog
    Free Member

its gone very quiet ………

hora
    Free Member

The steerer isnt long enough to be safe. On my old large Chameleon I calculated I needed 185 min for the top bolt of my Thomson to be clear of the top of the steerer.

oxnop
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I havnt paid for the forks yet (the guy ended his eBay auction early for me as well) I feel really guilty. I have not paid yet (luckily) so I'll just have to offer to cover his listing fees for ending the auction.

So from Reading commets above I think I'll need a 200mm min to be safe?

Thanks for all your prompt replys as I was just about to pay!

oxnop
    Free Member

whippersnapper
    Free Member

how tall is a thomson stem? I know the Sunline stems are relatively short (about 38mm I think) and coupled with a short headset (Crank Bros maybe) then you may get away with it – an expensive solution though (I do have the aforementioned stem second hand if you're interested though 😉 )

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Chameleon owners, help please!’ is closed to new replies.