Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • ChainReaction Cycles – No Response or Order Despatched!
  • bendobson
    Free Member

I put an order on Chain Reaction last week – all items were shown as being in stock. And the order has been stuck in ‘processing’ for the last 4 days.

Has anyone had any recent experience; either good or bad, over the last few days/weeks.

I’ve used them before and they have been, at least, reliable.

Also, when I phone them to chase up they are always busy.

thebunk

😕

Seen a few of these threads the last few days…

DaddyCool
    Free Member

yeah same here! Emailed them today but awaiting to hear back from them…

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Hmmm, their performance is slipping

Ordered 13/05, in stock items.
    Only just gone to “despatched” status today.

uplink
    Free Member

actionsports.de FTW 🙂

LsD
    Free Member

I ordered some stuff online and then sprinted through to the letterbox……..NOWT!! This is absolutely shocking In This Day And Age. 😡

rs
    Free Member

same here, ordered on friday, still processing on in stock items 🙁 maybe they’re too busy buying stuff with my CC.

nedrapier

Ordered something from VeloSolo and some geary bits from CRC after lunch last Wednesday. VeloSolo confirmed order and despatch same day, thing arrived next day.

CRC confirmed despatch on Friday, geary bits received Monday.

Consequences: World still turning, weekend hills not that bad.

uplink
    Free Member

I ordered a jersey from SportsDirect on Sunday evening, it was here Monday morning

jakeds
    Free Member

I’ve always found them really fast, though ordered a couple of separate orders last week. Both went to ‘processing’ straight away but then stayed there for two days before being dispatched, then two days to deliver, so longer than I’m used to from them. On the upside they called to say they didn’t have something in stock and did I want the next item up for no more dollar. I did.

BenjiM

I ordered last Monday and it was here on Wednesday.

palmer77
    Free Member

They have been slower than normal recently. Also an email response is usually a day. I did notice that PayPal orders don’t show up in the order history too

5lab

doesnt it take them at least 3 days to clone your card?

orangina
    Free Member

Palmer, this happens if you’re paypal email address is different to the one you registered with at CRC. CRC are not capable of keeping the orders in one place in this case (as Wiggle can for example), they automatically create another account for you with your paypal email address and some random password. I stumbled over this as I by mistake tried to log on with my paypal email address.
    What you need to do if I remember well, is log on with your paypal email and go through the ‘forgotten password’ procedure… HTH.

MussEd
    Free Member

I normally steer clear of CRC bashing threads, cos they’re cheap and usually have obscure stuff I need in a hurry. In fact I orderd a chainset last Friday, arrived Saturday…

But this week I’m stuck in processing limbo with a new drivetrain bits(cheaper than our german friends in this instance), ordered Monday morning still no movement….in contrast I ordered a uppy downy from Actionsports at midnight last night and just had email saying it’s been dispatched! The money won’t have even come out of my accont yet!

thebunk

Ordered something on Sunday night, something else on Monday morning, and it all arrived today. :mrgreen:

anto164
    Free Member

i get that sometimes.

Had an email the other day stating that my items had been dispatched, but my item arrived the week before.

rs
    Free Member

well my order placed on friday is still processing 🙁

MentalMickey
    Free Member

Maybe this happened. 🙂
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eCmqWDx5A4[/video]

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I ordered a chainset and cassette on Monday and was surprised not to get a dispatch email until this morning.

But in defense of CRC, I doubt I was the only person to break something last weekend and place an order first thing Monday morning.

And judging by the number of people getting out and riding, I’d wager that this Monday morning was probably one of the busiest days of the year for people ordering replacement bike bits.

Still far better than Wiggle who list items as in stock and then email you a week later to tell you they’ll have them in a month!

rs
    Free Member

ooooh! After posting 3 hours ago that my order was still processing I sent an email asking whats up and its now magically updated to dispatched! lets hope the right stuff arrives as it’ll be a pain in the ass to send it back from Canada.

grum
    Free Member

I ordered something last night and it’s still showing as processing at the end of today. Not the end of the world but the items are in stock and it even says ‘same-day despatch’ on the page.

Definitely not as good as they used to be.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

yes, this happened to me the other week. i emailed them after nothing showed (5 days) and i’d checked my order and saw it was ‘in progress’. within an hour or so my order was ‘dispatched’ and arrived next day.

Tom83

Ordered new frame Friday evening, they’ve only gone and dispatched it today. Bleedin’ cheeky fast dispatching beggars!

crashbanggg
    Free Member

I ordered some bits on Friday afternoon and they’re still in processing!

spooky_b329

I’m trying to sort out a faulty GoPro, first email was replied to in 6 days, but didn’t answer my question. I replied, it took another 8 days for them to reply to that (one sentence) so now I’m expecting my next reply in 10 days.

I was just trying to check if I had to wait for the item to be returned to the manufacturer as I bought it for a holiday in a few weeks…if they replied to their emails in a timely manner I would probably have the replacement by now. As it is, I’ve now got no choice but to take the faulty camera on holiday and send it back afterwards, and just cross my fingers it doesn’t have another tantrum whilst I’m away 🙁

alexonabike

Its a lucky dip.

If your name gets drawn out of the hat first you get your order dispatched same day (as they state on the site), if not it will just fall behind the sofa and found x days later when the cleaner sweeps the floor.

snaps
    Free Member

Same here, ordered two sets of forks, both in stock @ 06.57 Friday morning – they’ve only just gone from ‘processing’ to dispatched.

daznal
    Free Member

I orded a xt cassette on saturday at 12.00 and it was in my swetty mits at approx 12.04 mind you the bloke at my LBS only had to hand it over the counter.Is there a moral to this story?

grum
    Free Member

I orded a xt cassette on saturday at 12.00 and it was in my swetty mits at approx 12.04 mind you the bloke at my LBS only had to hand it over the counter.Is there a moral to this story?

Yes very good but my LBS definitely don’t have the part I need, and it takes even longer to order stuff through them (and costs more).

Rubberlegs

Order placed Thursday night is still ‘Processing’ as is an order I placed on Sunday. Chased the Thursday order by email on Monday and apart from the automatic acknowledgement, have had no response. I guess I’ll just have to wait and try and use my LBS next time. Think CRC have just got too big and diverse…

neninja
    Free Member

The toughest thing with CR at the moment is that their site is sooooo slow.

Takes ages to load each page to the extent you give up and order somewhere else.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

They seem to be losing their mojo. Last couple of orders I’ve placed have taken three days to be despatched.

andylion
    Free Member

I sent CRC an email about the old Tora incontinent ‘TURDkey’ problem and received an automated reply saying they be in touch as soon as possible. 8 days later I sent another email asking where my reply was and received another ‘we’ll be in touch as soon as possible’.Tried phoning and also got the ‘all lines busy message’. Maybe they’re spinning it out till the warranty expires in a few months. Up to now I had no real problems with orders.

grum
    Free Member

The most annoying part is you can’t even cancel the order through the site while it’s showing as processing. Really not impressed, will be going elsewhere next time.

grizzer
    Free Member

iam still waiting for an order thats been replaced after the first one never arrived . I never had an email confirming despatch although on the account it said despatched which as never happened before,it took days to get replys to emails and its now nearly 3 wks since i placed the order and no sign of it yet….

khani
    Free Member

I ordered yesterday afternoon and just got the despatch email five minutes ago
    Luck of the draw I guess

grum
    Free Member

They’ve replied to my email now, but not with a very satisfactory answer – just ‘sorry it should be being sent soon’ – still showing as processing though. I’ve asked them to cancel it now. Meh.

grum
    Free Member

STILL processing – no reply to my email asking them to cancel either. Not good enough.

grum
    Free Member

Just got the despatch email, so they’ve ignored the email I sent them asking to cancel, and I’m going to have to have the hassle of sending it back (bought the thing elsewhere). Definitely won’t be using them again until they sort their act out.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘ChainReaction Cycles – No Response or Order Despatched!’ is closed to new replies.