Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chain slipping/skipping
  • cheshmatt
    Free Member

I’ve got an odd problem of the chain randomly skipping when on the smallest cassette sprocket.
    Have a new cassette, new chain and new chainrings. Mech is adjusted well for shifting and the B-screw adjustment
    Doesn’t always skip when applying full power, but more on medium or as soon as I back-off from full power.
    Only other thing I can think of it a stiff chain link. But there are no obvious ones I can see, haven’t got around to manually checking them all yet.

Any other ideas?

ruscle
    Free Member

Chain too long?

Liftman

Check the jockey wheels on the mech

krixmeister

Your limit stop might be set very slightly too far inward for the smallest cog?

oldnpastit

Cable routing? I had a similar problem and comparing the cable routing with the Shimano instructions found I had it the wrong way round. Quite a few internet forums suggested this was the problem so I switched it over. A combination of that, and going SS, seems to have cured it.

jimilindley
    Free Member

derailleur hanger alignment? Might have to take it lbs to check it though

ir12daveor
    Free Member

Hey Matt,
    I had the same problem in August. New jockey wheels cured it. Check if yours are looking a little pointy.

BTW, it didn’t seem to be a problem on Wednesday night, or did I just miss it?

Lukey73
    Free Member

Had a very similar problem last year – would skip under power and on bumpy trails. Turned out when I had replaced the cable I had cut the outer to short under the BB thus when rear suspension compressed it tightened the cable.

Worth a check (if its a full susser)

Paceman
    Free Member

Bent mech hanger… only needs a very small bend / twist to have an effect on shifting.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chain slipping/skipping’ is closed to new replies.