Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Chain Skipping
  • nick1c
    Free Member

This is occuring on the 2nd-4th sprockets on my cassette. The entire drivetrain is new (SRAM cassette & chain, SLX rings & BB on a Helius CC with a single BB spacer on the LH crank side & 2 on the right). The rear mech is XTR.
    Exactly the same thing had been happening with my old drivetrain, but I had assumed that it was worn components. Clearly I was wrong. What else could be the cause – the mech hanger? It's not obviously bent, & wouldn't it affect shifting over the entire cassette?

MattPhotos
    Free Member

Just throw this out there.. are you running the correct shifter for your gears? I was running a 9 speed shifter on an 8 speed cassette for a while and experienced a very similar problem (it was desperate times!).

nick1c
    Free Member

It's all 9 speed & used to work perfectly.

MattPhotos
    Free Member

no worries, sorry I can't help mate

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

I'll take a SWAG (Scientific Wild-Arsed Guess) at this and say…gear cables. Make sure they're clean and lubed and maybe it'll solve your problems.

clunker

How olds the chain?

scaredypants

yeh, your kit's all ruined. Tenner for the rear mech ?

or clean/replace your cable(s) is favourite – could be the hanger but shitty cable is most likely

even so, I think a tenner's fair 🙂

nick1c
    Free Member

I cleaned the cable……………& it all works!
    The old kit will be put back on to see if I have just wasted a load of cash.

Frankers
    Free Member

"Stiff link ??"

This will make the chain skip on the small cogs only

Onzadog
    Free Member

Had some lovely suggestion and then read that you'd claened the cables and solved it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Chain Skipping’ is closed to new replies.