Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Chain reaction products.
  • jim25

So I orderened a set of pikes using the easter codes and they’ve turned up this morning. Opend up the postal packaging and there they are, just in a clear plastic bag, no fancy rockshox box or packaging. Are they genuine forks? can’t imagine thats how they get sold normally.

jim25

Ordered a reverb at the same time and thats in it original rockshox box with all proper packaging and bits. Forks just in a plastic bag with what looks like a photocopied user manual.

Leku
    Free Member

OMG OEM LOL

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Sound like grey imports to me, your forks would originally been destined to go on a bike makes fully built bike as original equipment as such they would have come in a large box full of other forks and no fancy packaging since they were only going to the factory.

packer
    Free Member

A lot of the hardware they sell it like that, that’s how they get it so cheap. Nothing wrong with it you’re just saving money on packaging.

scotroutes

That’s the way it often works. Same with Merlin, On One and others. They get a deal from the manufacturers for kit to go onto full bikes then sell it to you. Sometimes there are other, less noticeable, differences too. I recall they were selling Pikes with steel steerers when the Retail version had alloy. Poplocs, colours, decals can all vary too.

jim25

Ok, so still genuine fork with warranty then.

scotroutes

Your warranty is, as always, with the retailer.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with it you’re just saving money on packaging.

There us really they are getting stuff at costs lower than the rest of the industry and distorting the market. OEM is generally a loss leader for the big manufacturers, and distorts the market place. Short term great for the consumer, long term not so sure.

rhinsranger
    Free Member

Agreed, no main stream market packaging saves money, selling left over OEM components saves money.
    You are still covered by your buying rights with CRC and you will still have the manufacturers warranty.

hatter

You are still covered by your buying rights with CRC and you will still have the manufacturers warranty.

Half correct, your warranty lies solely with the retailer and their warranty lies with whoever they bought it from. In this case an OEM contact selling under the counter.

The ‘manufacturer’s’ warranty lies with the official distributor but as these forks haven’t come through them they have no obligation whatsoever to touch them.

So, CRC are obliged to honor the warranty but they will very likely be doing so out of their own pocket.

No problem buying OE just be aware that you’ve got a bargain sidestepping the traditional channels and you can’t expect the full support of the brand’s U.K. agent if you have a problem as they haven’t seen a single bean from this sale.

winrya
    Free Member

Yea I figured they were oem when the site stated no pump, extra seals etc. Wouldn’t put me off, I’d rather save money and get a better deal

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Chain reaction products.’ is closed to new replies.