Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Chain Reaction delivery getting slower?
  • porcaro
    Free Member

Once upon a time everything I bought from Chain Reaction arrived the following day but doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. Always place an order first thing in the morning but nothing seems to get dispatched the same day. Any others agree? I have of course started buying items from other online retailers now.

tonyg2003

You might find that not alot will be flying out of NI today…

loddrik
    Free Member

No, usually get CRC stuff the next day.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

I also remember the day when they were cheap.

lucien

Price and delivery times have gone up – not sure if exponentially or not – tend to look around a lot more these days rather than click and buy at the 1st chance

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Delivery okay here but I have stopped using them for small stuff because everything ends up in a bloody big box.

porcaro
    Free Member

I agree geordiepaul, I always compare prices for everything I buy and often buy elsewhere now.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

My last two orders (both fairly recent) took days to arrive, despite everything being in stock. The last wasn’t dispatched for 5 days, then took another 3 to get here. It wasn’t critical but was very annoying.

The previous order was similar and after that experience I was reluctant to use them again, after this last one I think I will be looking elsewhere in future and using CRC as a last resort only!

cakerider

The time for delivery is one thing but on the last couple of orders it has been the time that the order is processing that gets a tad annoying.

Order placed at the end of last week, estimated dispatch Monday 23rd……still processing

jakeds
    Free Member

I ordered a headset spacer (99p) and it arrived in a 30x20x5cm box. Surely they made no profit from my purchase.

messiah
    Free Member

Also frustrated by the box size. Watched the movie on here the other week about why they do it and processing 5 orders per minute etc; but I my big box squashed flat was for something that would have fitted in a very small envelope or jiffy bag.

khani
    Free Member

I think they started using big boxes so the stuff would be delivered by parcelforce rather than in the normal post, it started a bit ago when the post was messed up and parcelforce was more reliable, but it seems the default option now
    I got a rubber headset seal in a 10inch square box last week

blurltrider
    Free Member

Ordered on Sunday night – delivered today!

mamadirt
    Free Member

geordiepaul – Member

I also remember the day when they were cheap.

Yeah, yesterday 😥

ampthill

I thought they were a bit slower last time I used them

Nothing poor just not really fast

Butenough to stop me ordering last weekend in case they weren’t here by this weekend…

warpcow
    Free Member

If I’d been thinking straight I probably wouldn’t have opted for the express worldwide shipping when I ordered yesterday. Stupid planes.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

They are a lot slower in my experience. It used to be that if you ordered before 3pm they would dispatch that same day. That is no longer the case. The last few orders I’ve made have taken a few days before showing dispatch. That never used to be the case. they are cheap though, but I will use other companies if possible, good to spread the love.

AdamW
    Free Member

Website is running at an absolute crawl for the past few days. They getting DoS attack or something? Or are they the new Sony and are being hacked to spread spam or something?

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i must admit ive noticed them not being as prompt as they once were, but more importantly – theyve stopped chucking a handful of sweets into my orders!!!?

chronos
    Free Member

I’ve found the delivery to be generally slower.
    The prices aren’t quite so keen either..
    Website is slow too..

float
    Free Member

yup order time is snails pace for me aswell. but £20 for pair of sunline v1 bars, i couldnt resist 🙂

ilovemygears
    Free Member

never order on a weekend, if you order some thing on Saturday and then on monday the Monday stuff turns up first!

hunterst
    Free Member

I am in the process of building a bike up after a few years off.

Odered some bits from crc on monday and i have just been emailed (thursday) to let me know it has been despatched. 🙄

Ordered a seatpost off an ebay seller yesterday (absolute cycles) and it was with me today 🙂

The speed of the crc website is a joke – taking up to 1 min to load pages.
    Will get the rest of my bits elsewhere.

By the way i am new here – sorry for my first post being a whine 😆

D

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Just had an email from them apologising for delays in their dispatch rate. Not critical but annoying as it was ordered last sunday.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

well i put it to the test, ordered a new stem yesterday, was here today! cant fault it. still no sweets tho!

porcaro
    Free Member

Well I got my item in the post, they have totally lost the plot, huge box for a small item that could go in a jiffy bag!!
    I also feel that online retailers should not charge you until order is dispatched.

jakeds
    Free Member

I also noticed that their site seems really slow to load each page. But I guess that could explain it, if they’re getting a lot of business prior to summer (hence slow and busy site) explains the possible backlog of orders they’ve got. I ordered an in-stock item on Monday and it still hasn’t come.

ahwiles
    Free Member

order placed: wednesday evening.

dispatch confirmation e-mail: thursday afternoon.

delivered: mid-day ish friday.

jolly good service i’d say.

(but website is slow yes)

Bimbler
    Free Member

This has been a recurring thread title since about 2004

Dancake
    Free Member

Ordered Tuesday, Received today..

(Ok DIDNT recieve as my hollowtech II plastic preload screw which cost 2 quid IS IN A BOX SO BIG IT WONT FIT THRU THE LETTERBOX

which is an arse because I have to go and pick it up now

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Don’t know about deliveries but the web site seems to be getting slower.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Got an email explaining that they were having issues. All been dispatched now (3 days later)

neninja
    Free Member

Ordered in stock item on Monday
    Paypal refunded and order cancelled today due to item being discontinued. So 5 days for them to work that one out!

I know people who ordered the exact same item 24 hours after me and received theirs. Galling to say the least.

I will no longer use CRC as I feel pretty let down. Their service is sadly going downhill fast – all my recent orders have been slow.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Chain Reaction delivery getting slower?’ is closed to new replies.