Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Chain Lubes
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

I've been using finish line wet for ages. Oily bloody mess after one ride no matter how little I use or how well I clean off the excess. What is the lightest weight oil people have found that actually works?

Any suggestions??

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Prolink chain lube here. Its oil but seems to dry almost like dry lubes so pretty well no build up. Lasts well even in wet Scottish conditions

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Putoline chain wax here – wipe it off the outside of the chain and the chain statys clean – last a long time in the rollers. I am lubing my chain monthly not every ride and chain life is a lot longer

mike_check
    Free Member

I'm currently using my free sample of Squirt wax lube, only done a couple of rides with it so far and it has been reasonably dry, but first impressions are good.

Chain stays clean and it feels nice and smooth and runs quietly. Out tomorrow n it's likely to be damp around the trails so will see how it gets on with a bit of mud and wet grit!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

TJ, you forgot to mention that you have to put it in a special pot, simmer for 1 hour, then put the chain in and baste every 5 mins for another hour

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Juice lubes.There chain lube is excellent in wet weather

Coyote
    Free Member

Just been into Warrington. Ann Summers are doing free lube with selected toys.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its not quite as bad as that Capt – but it is a messy faff no doubt.

amplebrew

I use Purple Extreme on my mtb and road bike. It lasts well, even in the wonderful Isle Of Man weather.

You can get it from CRC

Purple Extreme

CRC link

nuke

I use Purple Extreme and its alright but quite thin so in the wet I find it washes out. Also use Finish Line Wet and find, like jools, it makes the chain all black and gunky. Will be following this thread for other suggestions.

Junkyard
    Free Member

What TJ says re a messy faff is correct but it is also super stuff. I took TJ's advice [did I admit that or just whisper it inside my own head 😕 ] and it works a treat. I dont mind doing maintenance but not at end of a ride at 10 PM in rain.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I use pedros atb lube in the winter and road rage in the summer. Both clean off well and are biodegradable. I'm one of those people who keeps their bike spotless though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Chain Lubes’ is closed to new replies.