Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Chain Guide advice
  • MarkiMark
    Free Member

I asked a similar question a couple of days ago, but got no responses. Hopefully somebody will have a view on this.
    I am looking for a chain guide, and have narrowed my options down to either the MRP Lopes SL or Superstar Plasma. I’ve got this far based on a number of factors. The MRP is twice the price of the Superstar, and a lot lighter.
    Does anyone have a good/bad thing to say about either of them?

messiah
    Free Member

I’ve seen a few MRP’s in which the lower roller part is a bit weak and prone to cracking/exploding from impacts. I also don’t like a roller down there (as on the Plasma) since they clog and make noise… which is why I’m waiting for the new Blackspire Der guide which has a gliding plate like the Staitline Silent Guide instead of the roller.

cumbrianmonkey
    Free Member

Plasma is excellent value. I have had one for over a year, chain has never come off. £40, free next day delivery(unofficial but everything I’ve ever ordered that comes in a small package has always turned up next day) and replacement parts for the whole thing should you want to change anything for any reason. A little noisy but unless you’re riding on smooth ground where you don’t need a chain device then not a noise that you’d ever notice.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Max
    Free Member

Anyone tried this?

http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=58086&pagenum=1

(link to thread about making your own with zip ties!)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Pink bike:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Chain Guide advice’ is closed to new replies.