Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Chain Device?
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

Ive just been reading an Orange Bikes magazine and i noticed if you buy one of Oranges bikes you have the option of getting a Chain Device installed.

"We're now offering the Gamut Dual as an accessory when you purchase an Alpine 160"

now i don't know if its just for the alpine 160 or you can use it on a normal 5. Ive never used a chain device before but people say it keeps your chain where it should be so it doesn't jump gears etc, is it worth getting one if i was to buy one of the new orange bikes ? thx

coogan
    Free Member

Amazing, no pics of grantway's bike yet on an Orange related thread…

jam-bo

i've just fitted a blackspire stinger on a five. it was awkward with no ISCG tabs but seems to be working ok.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yer i saw they had one on a new 5 on the video they made in Scotland, got me thinking

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

I recently put an e13 DRS on my Remedy for an Alps trip. also with no ISCG tabs. I think it introduces a small amount of pedalling resistance but keeps the chain on nicely. I'll be keeping it on for a while to see how I get on.

5lab

i have chain devices (and single ring) on all my bikes, but I've never understood what the roller underneath does. The top bit I understand – but what does the roller achieve?

Rockplough
    Free Member

is it worth getting one?

Do you have problems with the chain falling off due to the riding you do?

If yes then get one. If no then don't.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

depends what im doing at the time lol but thx for the tip

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Chain Device?’ is closed to new replies.