Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Central heatingists
  • TheFlyingOx

My only previous experience of central heating was having a Worcester Bosch condensing combi + 5 radiators fitted in a flat that previously only had electric storage heating. It cost about £3500 at mates(ish) rates.

What do we reckon to the following?

Our current house has a very odd setup with a fairly old Italian make boiler and 3 (yes, three) hot water cylinders. The cylinders appear to be hot all the time, whether or not the gas and/or electric is off, and as a consequence our bills are astronomical (£250+/month)

We’ve just had someone round to quote for a new system. New 35kW Vaillant Glow Worm condensing combi boiler with fancy wifi thermostat system, removal of the 3 hot water tanks & associated immersion heaters, plumbing in our hot water direct from the boiler so we have it on-demand, a chemical flush of the central heating system, plus a 10 year warranty. £3100 all in.

I’ve told him I’ll call tomorrow after I’ve had a think, but I really have no idea if that’s a reasonable price. I’ve seen the boiler on its own for about £1200+VAT, but then you’ve got to fork out for the fitting and all the rest that needs doing.

totalshell

tell him you want a 30si worcester, you want the salus rf digital control that uses the worcester interface on the front of the boiler and you want a fernox tf 1 filter all fitted as per the manufacturers instructions and you want a completed benchmark document and the 10yr worcester warranty…and you ll pay 2800. thats reasonable..

the filter is virtually compulsory as all manufacturers offer longer warranties they will definately want to see your service documentation and test the water quality before doing warranty work.. the flush is a single bath.. the filter cleans the water all day every day..

globalti
    Free Member

…and make sure you chip the foam off the cylinders before you take them down to the scrappie.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Central heatingists’ is closed to new replies.