Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Carbon 456 Evo? Any reviews, opinions?
  • lardman
    Free Member

Just thinking about getting one of these and wanted to know peoples thoughts.
    Its going to be a back-up to my FS bike, built a bit lighter, and with an Alfine rear wheel. Mainly for winter/longer ride duties.

I am however planning to run it 650b as a little tester into the daft wheel zone.

lardman
    Free Member

anyone? someone’s gotta have one.

endurogangster
    Free Member

I think they sold the first batch pretty quick some there must be a few about. I have the ti 456 evo and it’s great, probably wouldn’t fit a 650b wheel in tho like the carbon would.

slugrider
    Free Member

I’ve had an on one race 29 and the carbon split reasonably rapidly but it would be covered by your warranty if you bought one and at that price you cant grumble but if you want to have a bash at big wheels id go for the parkwood, aluminium so no worries there, dirt cheap for what it is and i don’t think you’ll get big wheels without 29 at least at first. I love my 26 fs but the moment i smashed out some laps on a ht 29 i fell in love.

rob2
    Free Member

My short review
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/carbon-456-evo-short-review

1 month on and I like it but it is stiff. Road my soul yesterday and it was like a big armchair in comparison. But the c456 I found to be faster downhill

lardman
    Free Member

Yeah, the Parkwood looks good. I’m really not in the need of a 29er tho’
    I’ll be running the Evo with both 26, and maybe 650 wheels – swapping between the two.

Thanks for the ink Rob, i’ll have a read.

maxtorque

Things i don’t like about my current c456:

1) top tubes a bit tall for stand over (not kinked)
    2) No through axle rear drop out options
    3) No internal dropper routing
    4) Slightly weird cable routing / support on the frame (lots of options, but none seem to work/route quite right)
    5) Think, i might prefer a tiny bit more BB drop (not much, say 5-8mm or something)

At least the 1st of those is “fixed” for the EVO version, so that bodes well i think 😉

scandal42
    Free Member

I drilled out the routing on my 456c and the rear mech cable runs Awsome with a cool little curve near the seat tube.

Don’t know about the evo but love my last gen 456c.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Carbon 456 Evo? Any reviews, opinions?’ is closed to new replies.