Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 339 total)
  • Celibacy……….
  • cinnamon_girl

Right – are there any people that are coming that can help with guiding? Kev – how well do you know Swinley?

Ali – can you please let me know your availability, let's get this thing going 8)

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

pmsl 🙂

Sorry Simon, i thought you were comfortable enough with your lightly muscled frame for me to jest.

aleigh
    Free Member

how about 6th/7th Feb

Gilles

I predict 2011 will be the first year where 2 members of ST will get married.

allthepies
    Free Member

>I predict 2011 will be the first year where 2 members of ST will get married.

I believe it's called a Civil Partnership 😉

Keva
    Free Member

Kev – how well do you know Swinley?

🙁 not at all

bananaworld
    Free Member

Count me in C_G!

I can even guide if need be: the mighty power of GPS satellites combined with your previous expert guidance would ensure that a group of people riding with me will experience becoming utterly and hopelessly lost mucho happy times!

aleigh
    Free Member

funnily enough that's the same experience people have when i'm a sweeper at swinley…………… 😆

neilnevill
    Free Member

I'd rather it wasn't the 6th, I'm currently trying to book a ski trip 30th to 6th.

RichPenny
    Free Member

7th please, thats me Birthday 😮

cinnamon_girl

All you folk in the North are more than welcome to come along too!

In fact, I would go so far as to say that if you held your Singletons Ride in the Peak District, there would be a very good chance of some Southern female attendees 😆

What date did you mention 😉

cinnamon_girl

Important Announcement

The inaugral STW Singletons Social Networking Ride at Swinley Forest will take place on Sunday 7th February.

TheDoog
    Free Member

I'd be up for the peaks, pref Hayfield way

cinnamon_girl

bananaworld – thank you for the offer, that would be great. I can't really see 40 people turning up as per the "Monsoon Ride" in November so am confident we can handle it 😀

TheDoog
    Free Member

Just been googling Swinley forest, my sis lives in Epsom so its not beyond the bounds of possibility to get down there.

cinnamon_girl

The Doog – it's not far from Epsom. Give your sister a call!

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I keep resisting the urge to post a picture of a bukakke (sp) party on this thread. Do you reckon i would get banned for such a thing?

Please dont blame me if you actually google the above

TheDoog
    Free Member

I may well just do that, i dont drive though so i'd be at the mercy of our fine rail services!! Gulp, dont know which is scariest meeting singles or rail travel!

bananaworld
    Free Member

I can't really see 40 people turning up

Substitute "people" out for "dirty old men" and you are wrong, so very wrong. 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Is it wrong to sit here giggling at the rising levels of expectant testosterone? 😆

neilnevill
    Free Member

TBH I think the levels of estrogen have been rising far faster, despite the lopsided numbers of the vessels.

More likely still is any rising levels of testosterone is entirely due to the pranksters encouragng from the sidelines and not those interested in actually meeting some people for the ride.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

To be serious for a minute, why not invite a couple or two along as well, that should dilute the expectancy levels a little and mean there is at least one impartial female along?

bananaworld
    Free Member

why not invite a couple or two along as well

Sounds like Swinley will play host to the first session of bicycle-based dogging in the UK…

Oh yeah, serious, right, sorry.

neilnevill
    Free Member

for what purpose?
    No…forget that. It opens up too many opportunities for further lewdness. EDIT – beaten too it already 🙄
    What I mean is, Why do you feel a bunch of singles need the help? If the ride was to be a huge group and having some complicated partner swapping or games etc. then okay, some administration from people with no motives of their own might be useful. If its just a group of single people making an effort to meet up for a ride, and meet some new people then I think they don't need any assistance. As much as some people's imaginations are getting fruity I don't anticipate any problems that need the help of an attached person to overcome. Thanks for the offer.

crazy-legs

The inaugral STW Singletons Social Networking Ride at Swinley Forest will take place on Sunday 7th February.

You'll be able to find it by the 40-odd blokes wandering round asking where aleigh is… 😉

singletrackmind

Waht about inviting that 'GWR' group .
    Although last time I recall a 'pot : kettle : black' situation when they suggested coming along to a Swinley , and got told off by CG
    The lady from pompey used to lurk on here , but i can't remember her log on name.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Having listened to both cases I can't imagine any probs with having 'attached' people along – the more the merrier. As someone said earlier, we should just treat this as a way to meet people and if anything 'further' comes out of it then that's a bonus result.

Sorry for the predictability of the lewdness… 😳

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Imagine the conversation with your other half

"Do you fancy going on a ride"
    "Yes dear, is anyone else coming"
    "Errr, around 40 Single blokes who havent had sex for years"

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You need to come down south then

so much for foreplay 🙁

Sorry Simon, i thought you were comfortable enough with your lightly muscled frame for me to jest.

indeed so :o) I was slightly more alarmed at the thought of having to be physically fended off as I usually wait for the woman to make an advance ….

bananaworld
    Free Member

Hey, who knows TLH, other people's other halves might be up for that (see "dogging" post above).

(Darnit, I just can't help doing it. The lewdness, that it, no the dogging.)

heh heh heh, actually LOLed there Barnes, you filthy beggar, you're worse than me.

neilnevill
    Free Member

bananaworld – apology accepted….it was predictable because it was humorous.

I just think if it becomes a mix of singles and attached it's a normal group ride. Normal group rides are great, and a great way to meet new people. However if a group of single people want to meet then it's easier to meet on a 'single only' ride. For example I understand the last swinley group ride (rain a bit did it?) had 40 or so people. I suspect the ride broke into 2 , 3 or more smaller groups for much of the riding and met up for tea and cake. If I'd been there i could have found I didn't end up in a group with any other singles (girls specifically) unless some added complication/admin ensured the singles were in one group.
    I don't have anything against non-singles and I like meeting any new people, but I htink it might work against the original reason for the ride – to get a few single people to meet.

Oh **** – I just had an image of all singles wearing a bright yellow star on all future STW group rides to differentiate them.

singletrackmind

[/quote] cinnamon_girl – Premier Member

LoulaBella – can you please remove the details of this from your Facebook page. It is an event for the Singletrackworld community, many of whom I have had the privilege of meeting and riding with over the years.

Whilst I do not have any objection to people inviting others, I don't want it advertised to all and sundry and particularly not as a singletons cattle market.

neilnevill
    Free Member

^
    ^
    😯

I'm getting alarmed now.

cinnamon_girl

singletrackmind – not pot kettle black at all. A lot of organisation went into that Swinley ride, was dependant on guides and sweepers for different groups and they all did a terrific job. We knew that a lot of people were coming and did our best to ensure that everyone had a good time.

The last thing we wanted to worry about was people having different expectations!

I stand by my request to Loulabella – as far as I am concerned, it is common courtesy to ask whether other people can be invited and not to post up an invite on another forum.

So … are you coming then or will the waves be calling 😀

cinnamon_girl

neil – relax!

Edukator
    Free Member

I'll be there! I'll be the amiable good-looking one with the sense of humour, and the bike and car to say I've made it in life. Only question is, which pseudo for the day.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and the bike and car to say I've made it in life

or fashion victim ?

Jamie
    Free Member

muddydwarf – Member
    Is it wrong to sit here giggling at the rising levels of expectant testosterone?

Better than drowning in it. 😉

Edukator
    Free Member

To be a victim one must in some way suffer. I can assure you that fashion does not cause me any suffering Simon. I hope Hobo turns up too, even though he's taken, once the ladies have seen and talked with him they'll be in no state to consider lesser males apart from maybe me, and I'm taken too.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

To be a victim one must in some way suffer.

the cunningest victimisation makes you think you want it 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 339 total)

The topic ‘Celibacy……….’ is closed to new replies.