Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • CCDB (C) Set Up
  • ArnoutIAndrews67
    Free Member

Just bought a CCDB (on ebay). Went on the website – and can’t see a base tune for my Orange 5?

Help?

I’m 102kg – and would describe my riding as ‘aggressive trail’

I know somebody out there can point me in the right direction….

carlphillips
    Free Member

Download the tune set up guide and spend a few hours setting it up to suit you.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

website

have you tried the “lounge” section, there are settings posted there in “new tune tuesday”, and you can ask and get direct feedback from CC themselves.

http://www.canecreek.com/products/suspension/lounge/forum/category/new-tunes-tuesday

http://www.canecreek.com/products/suspension/lounge/forum/category/orange

and from STW (for the Alpine but some useful comments, maybe)

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/swapping-from-ccdbc-to-ccdba-on-an-alpine-160

ArnoutIAndrews67
    Free Member

Ta – gives good places to start!

ArnoutIAndrews67
    Free Member

Not there yet. I can’t find a base tune for a 5. Hopefully I’ll get an answer from my post (on the CCDB lounge) in due course.

If I need more than the ‘max’ 6 turns to achieve the sag – I assume that means I need a bigger spring?

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Heres my settings for my five:
    HSC 2
    LSC 9
    HSR 3.75
    LSR 20

These are full turns/clicks from wide open.
    I thought the Cane Creek recommended settings were off. I used TFtuned recommended settings and only had to fine tune slightly

Yep, if you need more than 6 full pre-load turns you want a stiffer spring. What spring have you got at moment?

spower3
    Free Member

Recently put a CCDB coil on my five, I’m 80kg in gear and run it with a 550lb spring, had a 500lb on and felt a bit too soft, seems a heavy weight spring for me to be running but the sag and feel when riding is spot on.
    Used these settings as a starting point from the website.

HSR- 1.0-1.75 turns in from all out. HSR controls the shock from the bottom of the stroke if you feel like you’re getting bucked add .25 clockwise till the feeling goes away.
    LSR – 8-12 clicks in from all out
    HSC – 1.5-2.0 turns in from all out. If too harsh and not reaching bottom open counter clockwise. Allowing the shock to get full stroke.
    LSC – 10-15 clicks in from all out

Added half a turn of HSC and a couple clicks less LSC and it feels brilliant. Them settings are a good starting point anyway, then tweak as you feel necessary. And enjoy, it’s transformed my five both on the uphills (surprisingly) and especially the downhills!

Spower

ArnoutIAndrews67
    Free Member

Great that give me somewhere to start from. Shock came with three springs – but stiffest is 550, I think it is at least 11 turns in to get the sag – so I’m guessing I’ll need a 600. I’ll try asking TF and CC and then I’ve got some settings to go from….

Thanks people

mojo5pro
    Free Member

When choosing the spring, try gettimg at least 30% sag. The ccdb is designed to perform best deeper in its travel. i.e. you want the dampers to control the shock performance rather than the spring.
    Also the one setting I feel is most importatnat to the five in HSR. Try it using a lot of HSR and you’ll be surprised how planted and stable it makes it feel.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

My Alpine “trap doors” (blows through travel on slower rolling stuff), dunno if the 5 also suffers but increasing LSC fixed it.

creamegg
    Free Member

I recently swapped my steel 500 spring to a ti spring 450 as ive lost a lot of weight. However according to the spring table calculator on CC website i was in-between the two, but Loco advised on going on the softer spring and use the dampers in the shock to tune it in.

When i swapped the coil over i kept the same settings as i previously had but added 1 full turn of LSC. I am going to start from scratch tho using the following base tune advised by cane creek, and play around with settings from there. Ive also got a list of settings from other people- some find by searching the forum. No idea what my current settings are as ive played about with them over the years but will make a note of them before changing anything.

Cc base settings for five:
    HSC – 2.5
    LSC – 13
    HSR – 2.0
    LSR – 11

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘CCDB (C) Set Up’ is closed to new replies.