Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Cat is messing with my mind.
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

I enter living room.
    Try and be nice to cat.
    Cat leaves living room.
    Cat exits house via catflap at back of house.
    Cat jumps over fence round to front of house onto living room window.
    Cat demands to be let into house via window.
    Muppet opens window.
    Repeat.

Is cat
    A)Messing with my mind cos it's evil.
    B)Messing with my mind cos it's stupid
    C)Messing with my mind cos I'm stupid
    D)All of the above
    ?

Houns

C

ken_shields
    Free Member

A combo of A & C

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

D.Our cats play the in and out game. Drives me nuts. I am a bit simple and so are my half-wit cats.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

Their cats, thats what they do!

If they are on one side of a door they must be on the other and vice versa.

khani
    Free Member

tis true, we have three
    i just leave the back door open now
    edit' just remember the old saying, dogs have masters, cats have servants

Dino
    Free Member

Yep
    Its the warmer weather
    Cant seem to make up its mind
    Sunny i'll stay out
    Cloudy I;ll go in

CTML
    Free Member

Your cat is probably just trying to get some loving and attention

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member
    DenDennis
    Free Member

you could always call 999:

as she did

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Mine has started meowing really loudly lately after having been quiet for the past 14 years of its life

Sorry for bit of a thread hijack, but has anyone else noticed their cat getting noisier as it aged

stumpy01

I think my cat does that partly for attention & partly to see how many times she can successfully do it!
    Just just been making an awful racket outside defending her territory against an "invading" cat. Sounded like someone had stuck her on a rollercoaster!

meehaja
    Free Member

You think you've got problems, my cat has employed a doppelganger to mess with my head. I cat is in the garden, messing around, I call to it, it runs under the gate. I go to my room, only to find my cat asleep on my bed! WTF?turns out neighbours have an identical cat. Same age, same markings same collar, same annoying meaow. This has been going on for weeks and I only realised today.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It's : C)Messing with my mind cos I'm stupid

Cat's need (actually it's "want") to go out regularly just for a minute or two to check what's been happening on their patch. Just by sniffing around they can tell, "old whats-his-name from number 16 was here about 10 minutes ago with that old git from across the road"

It's like turning the news on to check the latest gossip. Unfortunately it has to been done on a regular basis on account that news soon gets out of date.

Does my **** head in too 😐

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

our cat plays 'knocky nine doors' as we used to call it as kids. She scrats at the living room door then when we open the door she buggers off!

stumpy01

egf – ours does that too. Bangs on the patio door, open door, cat runs off.

Dino
    Free Member

Taxi,
    Is your cat getting a bit deaf maybe being oldish?
    Hence the loud meowing?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

She scratchs at the living room door then when we open the door she buggers off!

LOL ! Classic !

I like it when the little feckers come running down the garden path when I open the front door, then suddenly they stop about 6 foot from the front door, stretch, lick some vital part, stand their for a minute or two doing nothing, and then slowly walk away in another direction, leaving me to slam the door totally wound up.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I have stolen your cat and replaced it with a catdroid, I've also rigged your house with webcams and the advertising revenue thats coming in from this is fantastic! would you mind a horse?

zaskar
    Free Member

Less complicated than women unless you go on holiday I think…

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Taxi,
    Is your cat getting a bit deaf maybe being oldish?
    Hence the loud meowing?

Good point, could well explain the volume increase, just strange that she never meowed before and now seems unable to stop

hels
    Free Member

My Cat does the "let me in" "let me out now" "now let me in" game all day if I am home. I concluded many years ago that it is a power and control thing. She wants to prove that she is in charge. I stopped fighting many years ago. I don't really mind that she is in charge.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Is your cat female? For some reason (obviously only in the cat world) the female of the species are always slightly more neurotic. Our female cat is absolutely beautiful, but mental. She yowls at the back door and peers through with a look on her face that tells you she is starving and has been outside for weeks, months even. As soon as you open the back door she walks straight through to the front door and yowls to be let outside.

If it wasn't for the fact that my son adores her, I'd have got rid of her long ago.

flipiddy
    Free Member

A, lol – Like all cats, it is clearly evil 😈

IanMunro
    Free Member

Excelent!.
    The cat is now looking slightly freaked out wondering where the other cats are.
    And in the time it's taken to write this it's fallen asleep again 😉

grantway
    Free Member

Chuck it out the window
    Well 10 floors down will do it

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

It could be worse Ian, you could of got yourself a goose… 😉

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

It's the amazing smugness that gets me.You could be doing some d.i.y and they will be there looking at you as if to say "your making a right mess of that" 😛

tazzymtb

it's a well known phenomena that cats are always on the wrong side of a door.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Loved the link to the emergency cat story also:

In another call a man contacted emergency services to say he was stuck on a patch of ice in a street in Bolton and was too scared to go forwards or backwards.

Del

lol @ this ( owner of two dogs ). 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Our cat miaows to be let in the back and out the front, because he's too damn lazy to jump over the fence.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Noisy cat – get it checked by a vet. My dog got very noisy when she got older and we thought she was messing about attention seeking as she seemed utterly normal in every other way, but it turned out she had cancer. If we had caught it earlier she might have been ok. Talk about feeling guilty 🙁

_tom_
    Free Member

Correct answer is A! I really dislike cats for some reason.

Our cat was a little bastard as a kitten, had a period of calm and now in old age is an utter, utter evil sod.

He takes no prisoners with his claws if you happen to walk past at any opportune moment – be that me, the missus, the daughter or the dog. He'll come for a cuddle, but God help you if you touch the wrong bit of him

His vocal chords have been on steroids and don't we know about it when he wants something. If he's in he wants feeding or to go out, if he's out he wants to come in. He'll do anything to get your attention – running up and down stairs, attacking the blinds, scratching the doormat. He decides it's time for us all to get up at approx 5.30am. It took him 48hrs to adjust when the clocks went forward and then we were back to 5.30am??????? How the **** does the little rat know?

Oh, and apparently the conditions associated with sleeping on our bed consist of being allowed to purr as close to my face as possible when I'm trying to crash and attacking any stray toes that have the misfortune to wander outside the safety of the duvet. This I'm sure is to ensure that by the time 5.30am comes around, you'll be so desperate to see the back of the little bastard that you'll undoubtedly get up to throw him as far away from the house as you can manage. It's getting warmer now and he's enjoying the delights of being a nocturnal animal again – outside.

I don't even discourage the dog from chasing him down the garden any more. Pure evil!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

icanhascheezburger.com

Check it out for kitteh-based laughs…

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah, one of our cats meows to be let in at the back door and then immediately waits at the front door to be let out.

The other one, nasty piece of work that she is is completely different.
    She's insanely paranoid for a start, she will wait by the back door to be let in but as soon as you open the door she legs it.

Now because she only visits us irregularly, I'm the only person who actually feeds her. Do you think, that this would endear me to her? Nope, she hates me. She won't let me stroke her or even get near her while she lets my son, who has never fed her in her life, stroke her all day and when she is in the house at night, she curls up on his bed around his head leaching the heat from his brain. Which pretty much sums up cats in my opinion. They simply use humans. They portray the impression that they like you but at the end of the day they only come to see you when they want something.

Carbis

My friends cat likes to bring them presents. Usually it lets them know by sitting next to the cat flap and making lots of short mewing noises. This got it attention so it started just making the mewing noises when it came in, so my friends decided to ignore it when it did this in an attempt to stop the cat running their lives.

Last week my friends heard the cat come in through the cat flap and make the mewing noise so they ignored it (as planned), but the cat persisted so one of them go up to see what the fuss was about to find the cat sat upright in front of the cat flap with a large baked potato at its feet complete with a cross in the middle ready for the butter. Friend calls in husband disturbing the other cat causing the first cat a to pick up the baked potato and run out of the cat flap being pursued by the other cat.

As the baked potato was bigger than the cats head it apparently gave it the look of having a potato for a head. Next day they found the baked potato next to the bin outside with the skin completely removed but the inner bit intact.

In the last year the cat has brought them a multitude of stuff, the usual birds and mice, as well as slices of bread, pork pies, 200g block of cheese, ham sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, half a loaf of bread, lettuce and twigs.

Anyone got an explanation, like where the cat's getting this stuff?

Burls72
    Free Member

None of the above, stop listening to those little voices!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Cat is messing with my mind.’ is closed to new replies.