Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • cars still over taking when your signalling right ?
  • druidh
    Free Member

Highway Code, Rule 74

If you are turning right, check the traffic to ensure it is safe, then signal and move to the centre of the road. Wait until there is a safe gap in the oncoming traffic and give a final look before completing the turn. It may be safer to wait on the left until there is a safe gap or to dismount and push your cycle across the road.

Signalling does not give you the right to pull into the line of traffic overtaking you. It’s a pity more motorists (and especially bus drivers) aren’t aware of that either.

DezB
    Free Member

Shall I keep this going?

dez; genuine question.
    you seem so defensive; do you genuinely believe that you would learn nothing from training?
    i would love to do some but it is not free in my area…

First tomthumb’s question. “So defensive”: not really. The thing that pissed me off, was not the fact that someone should recommend training, but that someone should recommend training BASED ON the one event I recounted; which was a perfect example of poor observation, courtesy, road positioning etc etc by a car driver.. I saw what the bloke who hit my hand looked like and he even looked like an idiot.
    Maybe I would benefit from training. I don’t know, but it’s not something I can fit into my life at the moment and it’s definitely not essential.
    My safety record speaks for itself. (sounds a bit up my arse, but its true)

SimonE’s link – just read it. The only thing I don’t do is cover the brakes all the time. Just like road positioning, signalling, speed, and all the other things – it depends on the conditions at the time, where I am, what’s around, weather, what’s on the ipod …. 😉

sofaking
    Free Member

i forgot to mention in my initial post that i was riding in France

8)

MentalMickey
    Free Member

sofaking – Member
    i forgot to mention in my initial post that i was riding in France

Oh like that’s important? I mean like, they only drive on the other side of the road like…. 🙄

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘cars still over taking when your signalling right ?’ is closed to new replies.