Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Applecross from Loch Torridon
  • sporteus

I'm planning a trip to Wester Ross in the Autumn. Can any of you Highland experts confirm the best route to Applecross from Loch Torridon? There seem to be two tracks to choose from, which meet at a junction just South of Croic Bheinn and the route then continues to Applecross. One track starts at Inverbain to follow the Allt an t-Strathain.The other at Kenmore, passing close to Lochs Choire Bhuidhe, Bhealaich and Gaineamhach. The first goes higher but is shorter coming from Shieldaig. The second is slightly longer but looks athough it could be boggy. Which is best?

coastkid
    Free Member

this year is the 1st in many i havent been up to Applecross for a long weekend
    the track from Inverbain isnt really ridable up the way to the junction, so best head over from Kenmore, across the Penulsia is an undulating trail of some super sweet buff singletrack… 😮

Also do the short but lovely trail from near Applecross church along above the coast to Sand- a small beach, its where that Monty bloke stayed in his 1st tv series beside a submarine monitering station 😉

heres a film from Applecross to Sand then around the coast road to return from Kenmore across the Penulsia,one of my favourite trails and nearly always you meet no-one
    not riding the usual mtb as had returned from beachriding on the Western Isles 😆

clicky here -:)

epicsteve
    Free Member

I've got a pic of the location of Monty's place, taken a few years before it was rebuilt for the show:

There is a small range monitoring station out of shot to the right, however it really is a glorious spot.

sporteus

Great stuff-thank you very much

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Applecross from Loch Torridon’ is closed to new replies.