Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Carron Valley – road closure from Denny?
  • a11y

I’ve heard reports that the road from Denny to Carron Valley (B818) is closed due to major roadworks, but then I’ve also read online that despite the “Road Closed” signs, the advice is to continue along the road anyway and that you’ll be allowed through.

That’s certainly the info for the angler’s who operate from the same location as the MTB trails: http://www.carronvalley.com/ – “ALTHOUGH WORKS ARE BEING CARRIED OUT ON THE B818 ALL ANGLERS WILL BE ALLOWED THROUGH…….DESPITE THE SIGNS THE ROAD IS NOT CLOSED”

Before I roll up in the van and try this out, can anyone confirm that it’s still possible to reach Carron Valley via the road from Denny?

Thanks,
    A11y

fannybaws
    Free Member

i dont about the road closure but depending on where it is you could always go to kilsyth and then go over the ‘tak me doon’ road which brings you out at the hotel.

rj
    Free Member

I was up there yesterday, and you can get all the way through to CV (I guess it counts as local acess).

a11y

fannybaws, that’s the option I was considering. Travelling from Falkirk it’s probably quicker via Kilsyth than to go north via the Stirling/Bannockburn road.

rj, thanks for confirming – I’ll give that a bash and can always divert via the Kilsyth option if things change between now and Friday evening.

iain1775
    Free Member

I saw signs there last week when I came up the tak me doun road but plenty people where carrying on and ignoring them
    I travelled from Cumbernauld on the tak road, from Falkirk would that not be almost as quick anyway?

a11y

iain1775, it’s a good bit longer:

Googlemaps says 14.8mi/33min via Denny, or 20.3mi/44min via the Tak road. I might give it a try via the Tak though as I’d hate to get part way along the road from Denny and find it impassable!

iain1775
    Free Member

AH no worries I’m not local was just working up that way and took the bike
    Quite enjoyed CV was a good quick blast around

gordi
    Free Member

I was up on Monday and they have put a few sets of traffic lights up where they are working but you will get through.

organic355
    Free Member

was thinking of heading up tomorrow, anyone know the status of the road closures from Denny?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Carron Valley – road closure from Denny?’ is closed to new replies.