Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Carron valley – is it open?
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

Read somewhere the car park was closed recently – fancied a burn round there today as i cant be arsed with a drive to glentress, does anyone know if its open?

cheers

J

grantelliott1
    Free Member

Read somewhere the car park was closed recently – fancied a burn round there today as i cant be arsed with a drive to glentress, does anyone know if its open?

cheers

J

Did you take a drive up yesterday? Heard the trails are open – just the car park closed. What other options are there for parking?

Thanks

cudubh

There is a bit of space around the entrance if there are not too many cars but there is a space around the phone box a few hundred metres away from the turn in where a couple of cars can park. I have parked there when doing night rides so I know the car won’t get locked in the car park.

balfa
    Free Member

You can park by the dam too and ride across

grantelliott1
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Checked on the Forestry Commisson website and it says the carpark will only be closed until Friday 11th. Hopefully be open on time for a Saturday morning blast!

DickBarton

Ride across? Do you have Jesus powers?

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Or do what I do, and take the train to croy and ride over the Tak me Doon road. Lovely.

balfa
    Free Member

Ride across? Do you have Jesus powers?

Putting aside my Jedi skills, I always thought mortals were able to ride across for some reason

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Did you take a drive up yesterday? Heard the trails are open – just the car park closed. What other options are there for parking?

Yes i did, parked at the opening but you need to be out of the way as the forestry need to gain access, etc. It was fine as there were only another 2 cars there but as you say it should re-open for the weekend. Trails were riding well as some work had been done since i last went across. Unfortunately i double punctured at the end of 2 laps (planned to do 4) 🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Carron valley – is it open?’ is closed to new replies.