Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Which merino base layer?
  • ncfenwick
    Free Member

Considering Endura Baa Baa but any other recommendations before I order?

Cheers

Pook

I’ve got two arc’teryx ones which are ace.

LoCo
    Free Member

Howies are good but pricey (got all mine in sales) don’t like my BAA Baa as it seems to hold smells and is itchier and generally not as good quality.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Got a DHB one for christmas, I was a bit meh when I opened it (i’d given the buyer a list of “acceptable” product at various price points) but I must say I’m really impressed, very “athletic” cut though.

Diane
    Free Member

Icebreaker = nice

1nten5e
    Free Member

Another vote for arc’teryx here, expensive but they really are superb

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s tricky to beat the £20 Decathlon long sleeved ones… 🙂

MSP

Smartwool are excellent far better quality than anything else I have tried (baabaa and icebreaker), the sport ones are pretty thick though nice for just wearing but too warm for high output activities. They do do thinner ones as well.

taxi25
    Free Member

I’ve got a baa baa, Feels nice, warm as well. Maybe a bit shorter fit in the body than some but probably ok for most people.

13thfloormonk

I’ve had two BaaBaas, I’ve been very impressed with their non-smelliness, wearing them for days on end for camping trips etc.

I was unsure about the quality, they do tend to fall apart after a while, but I think thats down to excessive washing and an enthusiastic labrador with sharp claws…

Was prepared to buy icebreaker to see if they’d last longer, but someone told me they weren’t worth the extra.

GaryBanham
    Free Member

I got my dad some from Blacks for christmas, he’s a groundsman outside in many weathers and he said he wishes he had them 20 years ago.

legend
    Free Member

I’m with Diane on the icebreaker shout

verses

I’ve got a baa baa, two Howies ones and a spokeshirts bamboo top too.

I like them all, although I’d agree that the baa baa are a shorter fit and slightly less comfy than the others.

I’m very impressed with the bamboo top. For the money, it’s similarly comfortable, warm and smell-less.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Embers merino love their stuff and got a sale on at the minute!

theboycopeland
    Free Member

Rapha!

Expensive for sure and perhaps a bit poncy but they are such good quality that it’s worth the extra coin and rolling of eyes from riding pals!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

does any one else find with endura baa baa long sleeve, the cuffs give you an itching rash? literally just the cuffs on my skin, its like i have eczma on both of them now ive itched that much 🙁 i wash it quite often…

thinking im going to have to add some arm warmers underneath to stop it 🙁 it can only be the baa baa, as i dont get it through the summer….

Frankers
    Free Member

I have got BaaBaa, Icebreaker, Smartwool and Embers

Not keen on BaaBaa as too short and a little itchy.

Icebreaker was my favourite but now prefer the quality and fit of Smartwool and Embers, they are both really comfy and good quality, if I could only have one it would be Smartwool, won’t be buying anymore Icebreaker

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

http://www.tamarackgroup.co.uk/acatalog/Woolpower.html#a1136

http://www.woolpower.se/uk/asp/info_uk.asp

Using the zipped 200gm base layer at the moment. Very, very good 🙂

Expensive yes but quality is superb and they are built to last 🙂

13thfloormonk

Does anyone know what the equivalent ‘weight’ of the BaaBaa is in Icebreaker? I’m assuming it would be the 120 or the 180, wouldn’t want anything warmer than the BaaBaa certainly.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Rapha Merino wool ones. I’ve got long sleeve ones for winter and long sleeve for summer. Not bad value if you buy the 3 pack deal. They really are excellent quality, fit and work well!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Which merino base layer?’ is closed to new replies.