Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Carbon 29er Wheelset's 2013
  • Mbnut
    Free Member

Ok so a quick update…

I ran the wheels over the weekend.

Rode Llandegla Friday, plenty of air on the jump sections with mostly good landings… no problems.

Coed y Brenin Saturday, Fox trail ridden at mild pace with the odd balls out section, no problems. The beast in the afternoon, rode the whole thing in under 2 hours 35 minutes and gave it some stick on some sections, flowed others, at one point I was dropping my seatpost at the wrong moment so banged through the travel and felt the rear rim hit the deck hard… no air burp and no problems… phew.

Decided not to ride this bike at Antur Sunday but I did give it a full bore effort at penmachno Monday and I was pretty hard on the wheels…. no problems.

Just cleaned the bike and checked the wheels, they are straight with even spoke tension, there are no marks or cracks around the spokes or at the outer edge of the rim.

I ran the 2.35 Nobby Nics at 22psi front and 25psi rear. I popped a tube in for an hour before going tubeless, they both went up easily then with no air loss even without jollop.

Overall I am chuffed with my rims and wheels in general.

Groundskeeper… I have been tempted by the Eastons and at £359 at the moment they look good but I have never spoken to an owner that hasn’t had to nurse the hubs and that is a best case scenario so I have resisted.

UncleFred
    Free Member

I’ve just received my Light-bicycle wheels. 29er in 20mm width. I also got some Nobbly Nics which i was planning on running with tubes. I have struggled to get the tires on the rim but have finally managed to get the first side on, but there is no way the other side will go.

I don’t want to use levers for fear of damaging the carbon.

I’ve tried to get the tyres off now, to use on my old set of wheels this morning and they are that tight i cannot get them over the rim.

Has anybody else experienced this or have any suggestions?

gee
    Free Member

Get the bead that is fitted central in the rim well. Should loosen up a bit.

njee20
    Free Member

What have you used to tubeless them? Mine were too loose with just a single turn of Stan’s tape.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Carbon 29er Wheelset's 2013’ is closed to new replies.