Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Carbon MTB Wheels from China
  • andyg1966

Anyone got any experience of carbon wheels from China. Have spotted at pair of 27.5’s with the correct axles, decently wide rim and branded (novatechusa) hubs for £349 inc postage on the dreaded eBay.

Looking to find out what the import duty + VAT might be and any success or horror stories.

Cheapest I can find in the UK is either superstar @£599 or blueflow bikes @£679.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Superstar were doing a %off wheels this month on their front page if that helps

mattyfez

I just ardered a set of 26ers for £588 inc shipping in from lightbycicle – went for Hope evo2 hubs which pushed the price up a bit, very pleasent to deal with so far responding to emails withing 24 hrs and they have live chat on the website…. they say about 12 days to build then about 7 days to ship.

I suppose I’ll wait to see how much I get robbed by customs/tax.

ferrit
    Free Member

Mate ran these on a 29er Orange Five on the TransProvence this year (one of the signing team). The back one exploded after 4 days as he rolled onto a tarmac road. He’s gone back to Flows on the rear but think the front one is still ok.

I wouldn’t, but that’s my opinion…

dirtyrider
    Free Member

The back one exploded after 4 days as he rolled onto a tarmac road

yer was the road that did it 😆

why do people trot out this bollocks all the time and not admit them bust something 😕

ferrit
    Free Member

Yes, it was definitely the tarmac road. Bang to rights.

Duh, obviously it was something else that damaged it but we couldn’t identify exactly what. He didn’t have any heavy crashes that would have obviously done it, hence the ‘bollocks’ comment.

We all doubted they would hold up but he gave them a chance and went with them anyway, I dare say he won’t again.

Everyone else riding the same trails on similar bikes and similar build of people, all on Flows had no issues.

Northwind

My LB rims have proved tougher than Flows tbh. Not that this is a particularily high benchmark 😆

I’m just waiting for 29er pair of LBs to arrive- I’ve bought just rims rather than wheels as I already have hubs for them. Already had 3 26ers from them- and broke one, but it was fair enough and they gave me a discount off these new ones so I am not grumbling.

ferrit
    Free Member

Should also point out that up to the break, he was very happy with them – light, stiff, built up no problem. Took a while to ship, but to be expected I suppose. Good price too.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Bought some CX tubular disc wheels on ebay from China last year. Fairly slow to arrive, but quality good so far. Customs was about £39

timbo678
    Free Member

Pal has some and way better than his Rovals he took off.

I have the road wheels and they are fantastic

Highly recommended

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Carbon MTB Wheels from China’ is closed to new replies.