Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • car wont start guess the problem
  • DT78
    Free Member

Whilst i wait for the rac.

V reg 206 1.6 lights come on but fails to start. Makes some pathetic turn over sounds and lights flash.

Dead battery?

Drac

Flat battery.

scuttler

Banana in the tailpipe?

jekkyl

I’d say the make of car is your first issue.

DT78
    Free Member

Can a flat battery be resurrected or do i need to buy a new one? Think it had a nee one 3 years ago.

And yes its a crap car but it costs nothing and has been surprisingly reliable….

No banana up the tail pipe…

jock-muttley

if it ain’t got sparks or juice then it ain’t gonna suck squeeze bang blow but sounds like your battery is booboo’d

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Yep, French car, that’s your problem.

Sounds like a flat battery so a new one might work but there will be a reason the battery is flat, that’s the real problem.

In this orfder,
    Top it up (if it’s the topping up variety), if not,
    Buy a new one
    See if the new one holds its charge
    If not, the car is eating electricity due to French electrics.

Drac

Can a flat battery be resurrected or do i need to buy a new one?

Yes. Not always. The battery may be flat as you left something on, it’s buggered, the alternator is buggered.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Battery. Halfords can test it for free and tell if it just needs a good charge (drive around for 30mins) or if you need a new battery. Could also be the alternator not charging the battery.

DT78
    Free Member

Yep dead battery. 2 months out of warranty. Grrr. Chap had one in the van, done there and then for £85. Would rather it hadn’t gone but hey not that bad.

scaredypants

I’d check that the ECU’s still there and hasn’t been swapped for a buggered one out of a VW

Drac

. Chap had one in the van, done there and then for £85. Would rather it hadn’t gone but hey not that bad.

How very convenient.

Hohum
    Free Member

My battery went flat recently and I called the breakdown people and jumped it and it was fine for a week.

It then went flat again and I took it into my local garage and the old Traffic Master unit had failed and was causing a slow drain on the battery.

If the battery goes flat again then take it to a garage if you can, especially given the age of your car.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘car wont start guess the problem’ is closed to new replies.