Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Car light bulb help (yes it is dull – sorry)
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

ive got a warning light on my dash saying that a bulb has gone, now i think ive checked every bulb on the car and they all seem fine.

are there any small/easy to miss bulbs that i could have overlooked?

i know i can take it to a garage and get it on the diagnostic but that’ll cost me £35!

please help – im going barmy!!

ta

Ben

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I can say with 100% certainty that the warning light bulb hasn’t gone.

;-

But seriously – have you checked fogs, sides, mains, vanity (in boot as well). Some Frenchie cars have inspection lights under bonnet too.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Checked the interior lights, reversing light and fog lights?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

brake lights? Number plate light?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

ah ha! i havent looked at the number plate lights – and i will double check the fogs, cant remember if ive looked at them or not!

i knew asking on here was a good idea

cheers folks – keep the suggestions coming!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Also – does it have vanity lights in indicator housing etc for lighting up the ground on dark nights. Or open door lights in the side of the door housing.

What car is it anyway?

Gary_M
    Free Member

now i think ive checked every bulb on the car and they all seem fine

FAIL

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

and check whether you should have one or two rear fogs! You might think they ‘work’ if you can see one and assume there only is one – some cars have both near and off-side rear fogs.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

its a vectra C,

some top notch suggestions coming up here, thanks. it has those ‘under the door lights’ and they are all working.

hasnt got ‘under the bonnet lights’ – just cjhecked the glove box and thats working but the switch seems to a bit funny, i’ll investigate further!

not sure on the number of fogs actually, i’ll have a look in the haynes later.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

One Google later….

the vectra c doesn’t normally have a n/s rear fog lamp , often it will have the bulb holder in place but no bulb fitted & can upset the cars computer if you did fit a bulb .

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Cheers MF, much appreciated!

Ben

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

actually – one other thing is that it goes on and off as im driving sometimes, does that give any more clues? 😕

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

wiring fault?

goon
    Free Member

one other thing is that it goes on and off as im driving sometimes

It’s not green and arrow shaped is it? 😉

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

goon – no i never see them!? 😛

(joke – just in case!)

jova54
    Free Member

Sounds liking a wiring fault like MF says or a poor earth connection from a lighting set.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Aye – poor earth sounds about right I would say.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Car light bulb help (yes it is dull – sorry)’ is closed to new replies.