Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Car Breakdown Cover
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

IIRC Greenflag have a good name, AA & RAC not, is this vaguely right?

nonk
    Free Member

dont get me started. 😐

skidartist
    Free Member

Greenflag can be competative if you have more than one car / driver in the household – they have a more complicated pricing structure, more like getting insurance cover, which can work out better value

To be honest I've been with AA, RAC, Greenflag and others that I forget, the quality of service is just a down to your luck on the day really, regardless of who you are with.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Been with the RAC through Tesco clubcard for years. They've always been faultless when I've needed them.

uplink
    Free Member

I've had to call on the RAC twice in recent years
    Both times they were quick & efficient

mcmoonter
    Free Member

AA for me, though I now also have some Euro breakdown recovery though my car insurance. AA have been brilliant. Brought my old Passat back from Ireland to Scotland. Had a clutch cable snap on the XM, flat bed home, and alternator pulley fall off on C5, flatbed home. Think I've had my moneys worth back out of them.

Off to France next week, lets see how good the Euro cover is 😀

andrewh
    Free Member

Fell out with AA over charging me for cover I hadn't asked for and then trying to charge me a cancellation fee when I pointed this out. Much agueing but got it all back.

Fell out with Europcar when they wouldn't come to help me when I lost my keys, cost me over £200 for a mobile locksmith.

Not had to try the current one yet (wood already touched)

Rich
    Free Member

I use Autoaid.

It's £35 a year for the top cover, the only thing is you are meant to pay for the recovery then claim the money back at a later date.

I have used them twice with no dramas, in fact both times the recovery man has said he rung to check whether I needed to pay and they had covered it, so even better!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Car Breakdown Cover’ is closed to new replies.