• This topic has 73 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Tim.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Capello to resign if England fail on Wednesday
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So the beeb reckon! Only fair I suppose!

Hairychested
    Free Member

He won't as England SHALL win and meet the Germans next round.

john_drummer
    Free Member

bye bye Fabio. England are sharing the nextplane home with France

who's next? who actually wants the job? Poisoned chalices don't come any more poisoned

wrightyson
    Free Member

Good man. I like that attitude!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

That's hairys attitude by the way not john dumber's

aP
    Free Member

Who's Capello?

john_drummer
    Free Member

ooh playground insults, I like 😉

Philby

Perhaps the whole team should resign if they don't win on Wednesday!

timraven

Perhaps the whole team should resign if they don't win on Wednesday!

Now that would be amusing and more entertaining too!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Sticks and stones and all that, but it was shirley deserved!

john_drummer
    Free Member

why deserved?

I call it like I see it, England aren't good enough IMO to get through the group stage. Someone disagrees with me & resorts to playground insults based on my username. wow. very clever

Garry_Lager

Sort of goes without saying doesn't it? Be funny if he tried to stay on after drawing with the USA, Algeria and Slovenia, if only for the sheer brass neck of it.

Anyhow, I favour the brave sons of St George to put the Slovenians to the sword and all will be well.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I call it like I see it, England aren't good enough IMO to get through the group stage

They looked pretty good in qualifying tho, wouldn't you agree? Dunno why I'm bothering, you're an obvious troll on this subject.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I hope we turn em over 4 nil just for you jd. And it was hardly an insult, more a play on words. I'm sure I've been called wrongyson a few times on here but I really haven't let it cause me too much lost sleep. Night all. X

Strangelove
    Free Member

I thought it was that the F.A. expect Capello to resign in a fall on his sword type of way, not that he said he would.

scaredypants

seriously ?

you think he'd walk away from 6 million a year, or whatever, until 2012 ?

I'd wait to be sacked and pretend I'm not a quitter

wrightyson
    Free Member

Oh and one more thing jd, i presume youre a drummer in your band, which ive made a couple of positive posts about in the past.

john_drummer
    Free Member

well I'd love to see them prove me wrong. They did really well in qualifying, true. I'm not trolling, I just can't see England beating Slovenia on the last 2 performances

saleem
    Free Member

The fact is the manager doesn't play in the team, he just picks the first eleven, it's upto those 23 players to step up and do what they are payed for, yes payed for after all they get payed to play for England through the FA, if anyone else other than footballers didn't do they're job they would be sacked, I'm working with a German bloke at the moment that said before the WC that England wouldn't do good as they've too many players of world class ability that are so wrapped up in themselves to care about playing for a team, they just want to make themselves look good.

scraprider
    Free Member

its a collective thing , the team is shite so they all should go imo

chewkw
    Free Member

Why keep blaming the manager? Everyone knows even a world class manager cannot turn things around if he has a bunch of celebrities that only feed on fans' hard earn pocket money and their egos.

C'mon are you in the dream land to think that England can win another trophy? For foreseeable future the bet should be to see if England will be able to proceed to the 2nd round.

Celebrity first => represent England => No incentive => Shite.

2nd rated English player => represent England => incentive to become superstar => Play their socks off.

🙄

tiger_roach
    Free Member

How about they all put, say, £60k of their cash up then get £10k back for every point England win?

oldgit
    Free Member

They should still win 😕
    Regardless of the two terrible performances, they did get there and everyone really knows that they are better than this as players.
    Whatever your opinion on their wages, cars, affairs, clothes etc etc they ain't too shabby as footballers.
    That said I am saying 'should' and if whatevers wrong isn't sorted well then maybe they wont.
    Still to this day I can never understand why a player is sellected on how good he is playing in a certain position for his club, then put in a different one for his country?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A wise man said here a few days ago that he suspected Slovenia weren't there to simply make up the numbers…unlike France 🙂

BruceM
    Free Member

I don't want to see Capello go.

We could go through a manager at every euro/world cup if this continues, if we do not qualify let him have the time to analyse what happened and try again. To my mind we have only had one bad match. vs the USA we where certainly not great, but not terrible. Still time to turn this around, its the character of the players which will be tested from this point.

soobalias
    Free Member

sorry, what did the media make up now?

the team deserve the support of the country, not the back stabbing jealousy peddled by our media, but our greed and inflated self opinion means we cannot support anything that is not a 'winner'

saleem
    Free Member

It was said yesterday that the combined Algerian teams wage didn't amount to the lowest England players wage, enough said really, if any one of us was as shit at their job last week as they were last week we would have been at the dole office this morning.

trailmonkey

He's a dead man walking. The only way he can improve things is by changing the way we play. He's insisted that he won't do that so any change will be perceived as bending to player power, which is another route to the exit door.

Just a thought but if he does insist on 4-4-2 doesn't it make sense to drop Rooney and play Defoe and Crouch ? Proven together at Spurs and both score goals.

tyger
    Free Member

David Beckham will be the next manager I reckon

IanMunro
    Free Member

but our greed and inflated self opinion means we cannot support anything that is not a 'winner'

If you want to support richly paid losers, you're more than welcome 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

saleem, not to sure about that a few are or were Portsmouth and one was Rangers.
    They're probably hungrier though.

😆 at the wages comments, if it's anything else it's always 'well that's business' or 'if you don't want to pay it don't' ect etc.

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

doesn't it make sense to drop Rooney and play Defoe and Crouch ?

Yes, but:
    Can you *not* pick him? Seriously, can any manager leave one of the world's top 5 on the bench, in preference for Peter Crouch? I don't think there's a manager in the world with the balls to do that at a world up.

oldgit
    Free Member

If they win I want to see humbleness (if that's even a word) sadly I think if they do win we'll revert back to how we were a few weeks back.

hora
    Free Member

Steve Mclaren should sent home. Oops did I slip there and call Fabio Steve?

BigDummy
    Free Member

humbleness (if that's even a word)

"humility" 🙂

higgo
    Free Member

It was said yesterday that the combined Algerian teams wage didn't amount to the lowest England players wage, enough said really…

I don't know paid for what they're playing for England but I'm prepared to guess it's dwarfed by their club wages.

I struggle to work out what pay has to do with it. If they take up the option to represent their country they should aim to win, regardless of the wage. As it happens I don;t think there was much wrong with either the will to win or the effort put in on Friday. There were plenty of other problems (e.g. tactical, technical, mental preparation) but they wanted to win, tried to win and were obviously hacked off that they didn't.

David Beckham will be the next manager I reckon

God help us.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

if you look at crapello's gestures and body language on the line you'd think that he's no more impressed than the rest of us.once the players are on the field it's largely down to them and they just slip into the same hald arsed shit they have done for most recent managers

Coyote
    Free Member

but they wanted to win, tried to win and were obviously hacked off that they didn't.

Did we watch the same match? They looked absolutely clueless to me.

higgo
    Free Member

Did we watch the same match? They looked absolutely clueless to me

Yes, they looked clueless to me too. They didn't seem to have a clue how to win. That's different to not putting the effort in (which is what people seem to be accusing them of).

molgrips
    Free Member

I just can't see England beating Slovenia on the last 2 performances

Yeah but you just don't know which England are gonna turn up to you?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Capello to resign if England fail on Wednesday’ is closed to new replies.