Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • How much do you love riding?
  • benji_allen
    Free Member

I'm getting excited just thinking about it at the moment. Just waiting for my lazy mate to drag his sorry backside out of bed. Makes that massive dent in my bank account seem worthwhile.

ampthill

I'm sort of returning to it. I'm still not riding that much

But its insane how excited I get. I lost sleep last night over a quick blast at Woburn

Penmachno I lost sleep the night before and the night after, just so excited

Mounty_73

I love it, I cant find anything close that gives me the same kind of feeling…

Keva
    Free Member

lots and lots which is why I have three bikes and ride seven days a week even if it's just to the shops.

Kev

_tom_
    Free Member

I never sleep very well before riding a new place or with new people. Not sure if its excitement or anxiety though 😆

I started riding just as a way to lose weight, a means to an end or something like that. Whilst its done that in the long run, its also become a completely new hobby and almost overtaken my love for guitar, and given me much more confidence (suppose thats come with weight loss and meeting new people). I certainly spend more time and money on bikes than my guitars now!

Non-riding friends don't understand why I get up really early to go riding somewhere which is a 2 hour drive away with "strangers from the internet".

Whenever I watch a video of a place I'm going to be riding I seem to get a bit of an adrenaline buzz just imagining how its gonna feel to ride 😆

keavo
    Free Member

it varies a lot. sometimes its just fantastic but sometimes i really wonder why i bother. these days i try not to be a slave to training and just ride when i want, how i want. but if i don't train to maintain a good fitness level then all riding can become a bit of a chore.

jimmy

I'm getting excited just thinking about it at the moment.

ditto, and most of the time.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I'm enjoying a day off bikes – been on one or another every day for the last 15 days 😯
    I am looking forward to riding in the Yorkshire Dales tomorrow though 😀

oldgit
    Free Member

Yep still get very excited by it all from my first schoolboy race in 1975 to this mornings road race 35 years later.
    And I like to embrace as much of the sport as possible, it occurred to me today after the race in Milton Keynes that in a space of nine months I've raced cyclocross, cross country and road at the same venue.

the-muffin-man

I can take it or leave it now – I used to be very obsessive though. If I hadn't done 4 rides a week it was a poor week!

Now I can go weeks between rides and it doesn't bother me.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Still enough to not want to do much else. Apart from sea fishing in winter.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Only off piste snowboarding compares.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

I'm always scared before I start riding. Honestly wonder why I bother putting myself through all that stress. Always have a smile on my face by the end though, for some reason..?

Diane
    Free Member

Loads Ahhhh

Bregante

How much do you love riding?

nearly as much as brown sauce

bassspine
    Free Member

enough to quit my previous job so I could go riding more.

Bunnyhop

I love, love, love it.
    As some of the others have said, I somehow feel so excited before riding new places and with new people that I get really anxious too.

Haven't done much riding for a good few months, but today I did my first proper, longish ride and it was fantastic.

Skiing comes close though.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yeah I'm often apprehensive before setting off. Don't grin much – lots of ohsh111t moments, usually all wide-eyed and buzzy at the end. Then I drive home too fast.

It's worse than drugs man!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

A lot! Enough to spend most of my spare time writing about our rides and working on my photos of rides, and filling in by improving our website where you can see all the stuff I've done 🙂 Obsessive, moi ?

showerman
    Free Member

my wife told me after 20yrs together that she is disapointed in me..i spend to much time on the bike and not doing anywork on the house. she is right and i agree but life is to short, she still loves me loads

doug_basqueMTB.com

I was thinking about this last week. I'd done a 36hour day with a bit of guiding and also checking, unloading and loading 450 bikes in a truck and still thought I'd fit in an hour along the coast before bed! Actually, what I thought was "there's something the matter with me".

OmarLittle
    Free Member

riding my bike or thinking about riding my bike reminds me of what i was like about 14 and just discovered the art of self lovin'. It just seems to dominate life, if im not riding my bike (or cracking one off) i'm thinking about it!

the_lecht_rocks

riding bikes / fettling bikes / cleaning them / carving them…………..

just BRILLIANT !

benji_allen
    Free Member

Not long got back. Thinking of going to sleep so there's less time till I can get up and go out again.

lyons
    Free Member

It's my life! Just had a breakthrough day riding the bmx… I went from being awkward as on quarters to airing them a foot or so out! So pleased!

_tom_
    Free Member

Nice lyons, I could never get the hang of airing quarters. Still debating whether to get a bmx again as I'm worried it'll make my mtb feel awkward on jumps/drops etc again just when I've got used to it!

amodicumofgnar

this was the week I finally learned to love my local trails prob because I loved my last set of local trails an awful lot. Everything rideable from the door finally makes sense – what goes when and why.

Will quite happily get the planks out cheat on biking when the weathers right so not totally faithful.

lyons
    Free Member

Yeah, tom it's different… It's taking me a long tome to get used to the bmx… When riding dirt, I can't do jumps I used to on my dirt jump MTV, but I'm getting there, and I'm sure i'll be going bigger than ever soon… I don't use a mtb for that sort of stuff anymore. Also changing bars to higher wider ones made a huge difference to me. You need a bike that's fits properly…

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

It's brilliant fun for so many reasons. Today I had one of the best bike rides ever in the Ochils. It was a bit scary at times but I took my riding to new levels and was buzzing my t**s off when I got to the bottom.

Kevevs
    Free Member

LOTS

simonralli2
    Free Member

I like biking quite a lot, but then again i am off spending 2 months in the rain forest as of tomorrow and that will be something else too so yeah, biking isn't the be all and end all, I have quite a lot happening in my life right now. Looking forward to August and September in Dumfries mind 😀

noteeth
    Free Member

More than I know how to say.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘How much do you love riding?’ is closed to new replies.