Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Canyon strive es 8.0
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve got that one and they really liked it, although I don’t remember them saying anything about it’s climbing capabilities. The photos all feature a guy riding it wearing a full-face, so I guess they gave it a good ragging.

I’ll see if I can dig it out tonight.

DeeW
    Free Member

Mikey: would really appreciate that: on the point of pressing the order button, but need that bit more encouragement!

Dave

mikey74
    Free Member

Hahaha me too :mrgreen:

I just hope it is a suitable replacement for my SX Trail.

maff11
    Free Member

My mate had the issue too they thought the bike was really good, not sure what model they tested (think it was the es 9.0 slx) can’t wait for mine to come, still in Germany at the mo not sure why it takes so long to ship

mikey74
    Free Member

It was the 9.0 Ltd, which costs over £4k.

maff11
    Free Member

Bike finally arrived this week, very happy with it haven’t had chance to get out on it yet cos of the really bad weather and I’ve been away. Just a few things I’d like to ask I had a hammerschmidt bracken in with the box does anyone know what this is for? The front suspension seems very difficult to compress, I have set the sag, the are so many little adjustments you can do, any advice? Then there is loads of extra cable for the reverb any tips on how people have set theirs up? I have set the sag on the back with the little instrument which is attached to the frame, that makes it pretty easy just concerned about the front forx, maybe it’s cos they are new and need to be compressed more.
    The frame is a bit of a beast! That was my first reaction, much more chunkier than my stumpjumper it just looks more sturdy, the components are definitely a level up too. When I get chance I will put some pics up and review it a bit more, but all looks good at e mo

maff11
    Free Member

First go out on the strive today and am happy with my purchase, looks even better on the trails! My only oncern is that I am not getting the full 160 rebound travel, the stanctions seem to be sticking slightly and they are stuck down until I pull on the handlebar to release them, any tips please let me know

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Canyon strive es 8.0’ is closed to new replies.