Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cannock weather?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Anyone live close and if so how’s it looking for riding tomorrow? Thinking of going for a lap of the monkey and some runs down stile cop but can’t be arsed to drive all that way if its soaking! Met office says dry but it says the same for here and its currently pissing it down!

phiiiiil

It rained quite a lot last night but today has been good and it’s even actually sunny now! Assuming it doesn’t rain between now and then it’ll probably be the driest the chase has been for a while, go for it…

Rosss
    Free Member

The track was pretty dry tuesday night however there were quite a lot of deep puddles that left you soaked by the end.

geologist
    Free Member

Rode there this aft, on way home from work, the conditions were nearly perfect, Only 1 or 2 decent patches of mud on the whole circuit. Put it this way, I didnt have to change my bottoms or top for the remaining one and half hours drive home. My legs dried whilst putting my bike away etc etc. It was starting to dry out totally. Unless theres major rainfall again, it will be perfect tomorrow.

_tom_
    Free Member

Cool sounds good 🙂 i remember seeing some new black options being built, are they easy to find along the normal monkey route?

Bernaard
    Free Member

The new black stuff is signed off the monkey trail. Dead easy to see
    I have ridden the monkey the past two Sunday’s in succession and it riding pretty well at the moment

I_Ache
    Free Member

Still dry here about 12 miles away. Rode the monkey about 3 weeks ago and the black in the woods that drops away to the left seems to have been extended. It’s great fun now but the climb after is a bit of a ball.

_tom_
    Free Member

Looking forward to it now 🙂 I haven’t been to Cannock for over a year. Hopefully won’t get lost in one of the braking bumps.

st

Sat in the conservatory a mile away from Stile Cop and it looks like it’s going to be a scorcher today :o)

I_Ache
    Free Member

I wish I could ride at the moment. My mom has the kids, my wife is off out and the weather is lovely.

As for the braking bumps, I don’t even notice them any more even on the HT.

st

I’m dismantling and reloacting a playset today instead of riding, joy of joys.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Ha ha lucky you.

Oh to ride again.

_tom_
    Free Member

Well it was alright, great day for it and it was all riding very nicely! Have definitely got much fitter than the last time I was there, didn’t struggle with any of the climbs like before and it seemed to take me half as long to get round! The braking bumps are fine as well, not sure what people are on about. Still not decided on the monkey, it’s fun in places (last 2 descents) but tedious in others. Not a fan of those stones on the rollers at the end either. Next visit to the area I’ll just take the DH bike and ride Stile Cop I reckon!

I_Ache
    Free Member

I love the monkey and even quite enjoy the climbs. I really like the switchback type climbs that you have to think about and pick a line, I find fireroad climbs so dull and frankly I would rather walk up them.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah I like the climbs on the Monkey, they’re probably more fun than the flat bits 😆

I_Ache
    Free Member

The good thing is there arnt many flat bits on the monkey.

jkomo

What is in that black section in the woods? I quite like the not black bits at that point and am also a pussy, so haven’t explored it.

_tom_
    Free Member

The new black bit isn’t bad. It’s just like a red bit of the monkey but with some extra rocks and steepness.

I_Ache
    Free Member

as Tom says there are some rocky sections, they are a little tricky as they are on corners but not particularly hard. Much more fun the short black options on the penultimate decent.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cannock weather?’ is closed to new replies.