Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • cannock saturday
  • jedi

with bushwacked and the atkins. cant wait. only rode once befroe many moons ago with scruff, snakebite and co. 🙂

anyone else be there?

neilb67
    Free Member

Im sure Snakey will be there to show you how to master the Black. He was awesome last week…. 😉

flip
    Free Member

I'll be there!!!

Oh yeah i live here 🙄

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    postierich
    Free Member

Snakey is taking it to a differant level these days!!!!

Will probably find him over @ huck central(Special Events area)

scruff
    Free Member

Snakey will be nursing his swellbow this weekend after riding like a muppet last week. Whoa front end, whooaaa…

(photo by Kitman)

Sorry Tony, Im more than likely on duty this weekend, cant make plans.

postierich
    Free Member

Healing vibes! no arm protection school boy error 😉

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Well excited 🙂

TheSwede
    Free Member

Dam. Would love to join you barney but have made other plans now. What time are you meeting just incase.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The wife asked a couple of days agao if we could do cannock on Saturday as we're going to a BBQ on Sunday. (we normally ride the peaks on a sunday).

Any chance of some pointers on how to get down Cliff View Rocks?

Jamie
    Free Member

I went Cannock for the first time yesterday and it was really good if a little cut up/potholed in sections. Did the monkey twice to make it worth driving 200 miles there and back tho.

…..and yes I pussied out of the first rock garden 😥

scruff
    Free Member

Upper cliff rocks, drop saddle a bit before hand can help- dont hesitate at the top, just turn in, carry some speed through, momentum and holding on will get you down.

ntreid
    Free Member

I'm losing my Chase Cherry this Saturday. Look out for me, I'll be the one taking the wrong lines and generally getting in the way.

Doing Monkey Trail in the morning.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

any one got any pics of this so called rock garden?? when i rode it i thought i did all the monkey trail do you have to go off piste to get to this? if it was part of the route i never noticed anything overly tricky? werewolf drop wasnt as bad as people had made out also….though to be honest i did see a couple of people stop before that who didnt flow over it, so perhaps it is quite hard to some people?

snakebite
    Free Member

I was smoothly dropping onto the tranny if you look where my front wheel is dude… even Harry the ex champ DH'r (and now clock man) said it was smooth….

Jamie
    Free Member

@ Didzy2009.

They are where the trail splits into red and black temporarily. Maybe you're so leet it didn't seem tricky and you have already done it.

YewToob

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

so leet?? not sure what that means? 🙂

yeah watching the video looks like ive done it, not really rock gardens, peaks stuff is about 3000x worse, unless ive missed some bits, second rocky bit doesnt look overly familar, but we stayed on the black route, so unless that splits off into two seperate black bits then i must have done it….i remembeer the first bit of rock garden being quite smooth and flowy, not technical in the slightest..

Onzadog
    Free Member

weird, normally, I'd agree with the comment about the Peaks being worse. Last weekend I came down Chaple Gate (in the trench) like it wasn't there, but upper cliff rocks just had me beat last time I was there.

16stonepig
    Free Member

The two rock sections on the Upper Cliff just seem to defeat me every time.
    Not a confidence thing, I just don't seem to be able to track through the rocks in a straight line. I always seemed to end up being spat out the side somehow…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Maybe we need a bunch of UCR failures to get together on Saturday and perhaps with a little help from someone who might be there, get it sorted.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

im seriously wondering if somehow i have missed them now 😆 i seem to remember that very first one from that video, which was like going down steps from what i remember, though i must admit i dont actually recognise the 2nd set on that video? is there a chance i missed it somehow? i was literally following the black route?? is there a possible diversion i took and missed it?

but as i said ive heard people say and warn me of that weirwolf drop and its hardly what id call a drop…….

i'd like to know now as i want to have a go on the second bit if ive missed it?!?!?!?

Jamie
    Free Member

warn me of that weirwolf drop

I think the werewolf drop got sanitised after a few people got caught out by it. Personally, if it had not had a fancy sign next to it I would not have thought it anything special.

…and I am a really shit rider.

Oh and leet = elite.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

haha right, yeah its only cos my mate pointed out about the weirwolf drop i kept saying i wonder where it is and he turned back and said 'there was a sign back there saying weirwolf drop' 😆 so we defo did that…..

defo not elite, by any stretch, i managed to catch a tree on the way round, though im blaming that on the width of my bars 😆

still intruiged by this second rock garden though cant see how ive missed it and cant see how i cant remember it, as it does look quite bad on that video (the second lot of rocks)…..

still nothing on some of the peaks descents and even some local stuff we've got..

Jamie
    Free Member

You sure you didn't stack it on the first set of rocks and cannot remember nothing else due to concussion? 😉

IanHaughton
    Free Member

Rode Cannock Chase last weekend, nice new trail but the trail makes the car park seem empty in comparison with so many people riding it (I bet Sundays are even worse)

If I go again it'll be mid week and in the daytime as Cannocks very popular venue and needs much more in the way of trails to spread us riders out.

Thumbs up as a site but needs more and quick!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

haha! most definitely not, i defo remember those first ones, like steps almost and i remember that point where you veer off to the left at the start of the video…..

Jamie
    Free Member

If I go again it'll be mid week and in the daytime as Cannocks very popular venue and needs much more in the way of trails to spread us riders out.

I was there 9:30am wednesday morning and first lap of the Monkey saw 1 other rider, by the time we were doing it for a second time, getting towards dinner, it was a bit busier. Would imagine its a bit of a nightmare at the weekends.

andy7t2
    Free Member

there is 3 rock gardens on that section, 2 on the small black section, this starts just before the large right hand berm. Then there is another rock garden section on the red which is more like the steps your talking about didzy, the easy rock garden is at 3.08 on the video in the earlier post. It's easy to miss the black section

Crankmasher
    Free Member

I think ill be there this saturday. Rode the monkey trail and i missed 2/3rds so i was told so i now know where i went wrong. What time you guys Meeting up there?

mboy
    Free Member

Jedi

B texted me earlier mate… Will be there with bells and whistles!

😉

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Mboy – a simple horn will do!!!

jedi

rock on mboy!
    more the merrier

scruff
    Free Member

DH area is worth a few hours playtime,for a little hill its really good. Red run will be pebble city though.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Well, went to Cannock today and had another go at Upper Cliff Rocks. Took the advice above and took a big gulp of MTFU. Worked a treat. Don't know what the fuss was about really.

Although I did try a different line. 😛

Jamie
    Free Member

Gong to try and get down Cannock in a fortnight. Guess I will try a dose of MTFU then as the rocks were the only bit I did not do last week.

cuckoo
    Free Member

I was there 9:30am wednesday morning and first lap of the Monkey saw 1 other rider, by the time we were doing it for a second time, getting towards dinner, it was a bit busier. Would imagine its a bit of a nightmare at the weekends.

I was camping there the other weekend and rode the trails at 7:00am on a Sunday. Saw 1 other rider before riding the monkey trail where I saw virtually nobody.

By the time I got back to the visitor centre at about 09:30am it was rammed!. Car park was full and people everywhere, although there was some sort of running event taking place to be fair.

Was shocked at the amount of litter and fly-tipping on the Chase but enjoyed the trails though.

_tom_
    Free Member

The rocks on the lower cliff/m8 descent are the only things I've not done as well, don't fancy it on a hardtail tbh as I know my feet will come off the pedals and I'll have a painful OTB! Werewolf drop has been made way easier than it used to be, it can be rolled no problems.

Jamie
    Free Member

Also on a HT Tom, so feel your pain…..or at least I will when I bounce over the bars 😉

forge197
    Free Member

How long is the Monkey Trail and what sort of time will it take to do, thinking of doing it on Saturday en-route to the south.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I've wimped out of the werewolf drop all 3 times I've been. Mind you, rode everything bar that yesterday (red not black 😉 ) there were a few rocky bits that caught me out before…but several attempts later I did it! 😀
    combined with a trip to go-ape yesterday I'm aching this morning, but can't wait to get back (pity its a 2 hour drive!)

forge – I'm slow and it took me 2 and a half hours with a few little stops on the way, so it should take you a fair bit less than that 😛

Houns

Went Sunday for the first time in a couple of months with a few who haven't done it before.

Good as ever though couldn't believe some of the braking 'potholes' half way around/up the berms! And werewolf drop should now be 'werewolf rocky roll in'.

Looking forward to going back soon

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘cannock saturday’ is closed to new replies.