Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Cannock conditions?
  • ventanarider
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me how Cannock is holding up at the moment. Is it worth a 2 hour journey at the moment?

Chris-S
    Free Member

Is it worth a 2 hour journey at the moment?

NO !

wellhung
    Free Member

Not at anytime

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Spoke to someone yesterday who said it was just slop. I’m an hour away and I’m not going to go until it dries up a bit.

iain1775
    Free Member

http://www.bikeadventuresuk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9915

http://www.bikeadventuresuk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9830&start=150

Comedy bitch-fest about riding in mud and its associated selfishness from possibly the most friendly-unfriendly clicky MTB forum in existance. It makes STW look like a huge great hippy love-in

I_Ache
    Free Member

It was really muddy a couple of weeks ago. Sutton park which is relatively close was really icy yesterday I wouldn’t bother to be honest and thats from <30 mins drive away.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I think it depends on when you go. Early morning most of the slop is still frozen, mid afternoon it’s like wet concrete, hard work even going down hill.

Is it worth 2 hours? probably not.

mintsauce5
    Free Member

why not at anytime WELLHUNG ❓

Bernaard
    Free Member

Its not nice at the moment. Some parts need closing or they will be wrecked in no time.

adencool
    Free Member

I live about 500 meters from the chase, and about 1 mile from marqus drive, by the ftd.

Conditions are poor, but this is due to being overridden (don’t help when people want to drive two hours to get here)

But the big problem is every body wants to ride the ftd, yet the chase is hugh, and thou the ftd has got some a1 routes thru the trees, the rest of the place is under ridden and has got some real good tracks

flip
    Free Member

Conditions in my office in Cannock are ace, Jamie Cullum on the ipod and whisky in my glass 😉

Happy Dayzzzz

tazzymtb

was riding very fast on most of the off piste with a wee bit of slop in places, keep going to FTD please it keeps the traffic off the more delicate stuff 😀

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Last weekend it was very sloppy. Hard work, but still fun.
    Wouldn’t travel 2 hours to do it unless you know some locals to show you the rest (Best) of the chase

Suggsey
    Free Member

Went this morning riding on the North side of the Chase where some of the other bits of riding are in the trees and the trails have a lot of gravel in the mud. It was no where near as bad as i was expecting and was glad as the other stuff I will not ride if its too muddy as it will just trash it for everyone when the weather drys up a bit. There is plenty of riding up there just take a map so you have some ideas when you get to a road/river and so you can orientate yourself.
    If you just want to do FTD/Monkey give it a miss certainly there are better places for the current conditions.

Keef
    Free Member

if you go to cannock,stick to the man made trails.
    there’s nothing else to see (ride) move along.

no. really.

wellhung
    Free Member

why not at anytime WELLHUNG

Because although i live only 1 mile away and cycled off and on over there for 20 years i don’t think thats it’s worth a 2 hour drive.

Oh and no need to shout at the end i’m old not deaf

MentalMickey
    Free Member

xckeith1 – Member
    if you go to cannock,stick to the man made trails.
    there’s nothing else to see (ride) move along.

no. really.

Aren’t you just so glad there’s posters mouthing off about off piste stuff? I’m looking forward to all the local loops being ruined en masse, are you too? 🙂

takisawa2

Was bad in parts on Sun afternoon. Second time out I’ve abandoned the trails mid run & gone onto fire-roads, FtD first time & the Monkey on Sun. Hopefully up there tonight, but mid-week its just some singlespeed tomfoolery around Sherbrook Valley. I would say a 2hr drive is worth it, if the trails are dry its bloody good.

will
    Free Member

Yeh it’s muddy but isn’t that part of the fun?? Was there Sunday and on the hardpack stuff it was fine, just a little wet. We travelled for an hour and was worth it in my opinion.

Sounds like people are moaning about some mud lol

iain1775
    Free Member

These are local trails for local people, keep away 🙄

scruff
    Free Member

2hr journey ? Depends where you live, I certainly wouldnt drive from the North, W or SW to it but plenty of others do.

The Chase Trails (FYD / Monkey) are very different types of trail to the non-Chase Trails made stuff.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Cannock conditions?’ is closed to new replies.