• This topic has 15 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by st.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cannock Chase new trail
  • mickasaki
    Free Member

Hi, has the new trail opened yet?

Keef
    Free Member

no.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Thanks!

Keef
    Free Member

keep an eye on here

scholarsgate
    Free Member

definately not! not even unofficially!

postierich
    Free Member

Its being fecked up by tards riding it when notices have been put up asking to stay off.Chasetrails volunteers wasting their time having to brash off trails when they could be finishing the trails. 🙄

snakebite
    Free Member

what postie said.

postierich
    Free Member
    st

Yep, please do not ride any of the trails. Even if they look open and have tyre tracks they are not. Trail brash, signage and fencing has all been demolished or vandalised and we're doing what we can to reinstate it to remind people that the trail is closed.

Rumours are all over the place that it's "ok" to ride sections of the trail, it isn't.

We're working with the FC to agree the final launch date to ties in with completion of the trail, sponsors availability and all of that and it's currently around the Easter period.

All will be confirmed on the blog and at http://www.chasetrails.co.uk in due course plus the FC pres machine will roll into action to informa all the magazines, websites and so on.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Oooh, i feal naughty for even asking now! Its not exactly on my doorstep so not planning going untill i'm allowed! Thanks for the links.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I saw a dog on one of the photos- should we start a thread to discuss dogs at trail centres???

st

mickasaki, don't feel naughty and please come along for a visit once we've got the trail open.

pop larkin, you could but given that those photos have been everywhere including the Times over the last few years it might be a bit of a tired thread ;o)

phiiiiil

I ride back from work across the Chase near the new trail; I don't know what it is about the weather recently but even the normally rock hard stony fireroads are really soft at the moment. Normally even after heavy rain they stay hard; at the moment though riding back is really hard work because I'm leaving tyre tracks in fireroads, I dread to think what the effect of skinny cross tyres on fresh singletrack would be!

st

The ground had expanded with the prolonged frozen spell. Lots of void around the stones and coarse content of the surface when the ice thawed is leaving s soft and spongy surface :o(

mickasaki
    Free Member

Myself and Flapjack ventured up there one day over christmas and did a couple of circuits of 'the dog' Well impressed with the place, but didn't find the doonhill bit! i take its not signposted anywhere! Deffinatly going up again when the new bits opened aswell though, although leaving my wallet at home as that bikeshops to tempting!

st

Stile Cop is the DH area and is well away from Follow the Dog so you wouldn't have stumbled on it. Phase 2 finishes a 5 minute ride from the site though so it'll be a lot easier to stop off to ride the DH trails.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Chase new trail’ is closed to new replies.