Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cannock Chase
  • 936ADL
    Free Member

First time on the chase for a good while, and i can’t beleive how much it’s moved on. The new stuff really is very good. Had a great couple of hours. I won’t leave it so long before i return.

To all those who’ve built it, well done. Top job indeed.

A.

rtb25
    Free Member

I was up there last weekend and was pretty stunned by how much work’s gone into it. Brilliant job by the trail builders. Anyone happen to know who did the work and how it was financed?

mildred

Monkey trail is fantastic – I’m not really a trail centre fanboy but I really enjoyed on Friday just gone. The smoothed surface on Follow the dog, however, is not good in the wet on worn out bonty xr’s with too much air. Made me arse twitch like a rabbits nose!

shindiggy
    Free Member

I too like the monkey trail, hadn’t rode Cannock for a couple of years so was pleasantly surprised by the monkey.

johnnywhitesox
    Free Member

Trails were funded by the forestry, Sport England and aided by Chasetrails and lots of volunteer Trail Pixies. There may have been some funding by Giant as well but not too sure. ST off here was involved from the start of the official trail building until very recently, he would have the full story, facts & figures etc etc.

senorj

I went up a couple of weeks ago.
    Very impressed at the use of the terrain.
    The effort that has been put in for the lovely switchyback climbs alone is obvious.Clearly designed by people who know.
    Fair play .

There was a post a while ago about driving long hours to get there,
    I drove 4 hr round trip and did monkey/dog twice , I was glad I went.
    A nice alternative destination.
    The locals were v.friendly too.
    J.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Chase’ is closed to new replies.