Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • can you recommend me a service/ maintance book please
  • skeetsgb
    Free Member

hi
    could anyone recommend me sercice/maintance book for my mountain bike please (hardtail). look at a few on amazon but the reviews are always conflicting, and the books were published decades ago !!

many thanks again

higthepig
    Free Member

+1 for the Park book.

Have a look at the Park website, they have lots of useful information there and you might not need to buy the book, unless you need some ‘toilet’ reading!

Macavity
    Free Member
    Wookster

I use the park web site and tpZinn and the art of mountain bike maintenance does me…..well that and a good LBS 😆

Taff
    Free Member

Anotehr one for the park book but when I was trying to explain things to a friend I found a you tube type of video which is soemthing a little better

Jamie
    Free Member

Just use youtube and the forum.

stevomcd
    Free Member

I’ve got both the Park book and “Zinn and the art…”

They’re both good, but overall I’d recommend Zinn. The Park book is a bit prescriptive (“use a Park G13 tool to torque to 17.4Nm….”) whereas Zinn is a bit more practical (“In your workshop, do it like this… if you’re out on the trail and you’re stuck, you could try hitting it with a rock like this…”). Pretty sure he even has peeing on a frozen freehub in there…

gonetothehills
    Free Member

A combination of 1) the Park Tool website, 2) You Tube (Hope videos c/o 18 Bikes are pretty cool, 3) STW massive and 4) the instructions that come with the bits works for me. And a rubber mallet at times.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘can you recommend me a service/ maintance book please’ is closed to new replies.