Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can you download music from youtube?
  • JoeBones
    Free Member

If so how and what other ways are good to download music from the web? albums etc?

I am new to this ipod carry on!

johnh65
    Free Member

I believe you can download the clip you’re watching if you have RealPlayer on your pc.

Might not be much use on an ipod though

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Have a look for a program called audacity for ripping stuff from youtube. Can’t say I’ve used it but I’ve heard it might be useful in this situation. There’s not many music videos left on UK youtube now though since they fell out with whoever-it-was

bitTorrent for downloading, if you’ve no qualms about not paying for it. If you’ve an actual Apple iPod, iTunes is the easiest way to buy your music, but there’s plenty of sites out there that are cheaper.

eldridge
    Free Member

Audacity is excellent -it’ll record anything that’s playing on your computer. You might have to fiddle with the input sources etc, but it’s really easy to use and offers the option of saving in a variety of formats inc. WAV, MP3 and OggVorbis

Oh and it’s free

chvck
    Free Member

http://www.videocodezone.com/conversion.php

Think that will do it for you, just stick in the url and it’ll pull the music off, it saves to a load of formats too

AndyPaice
    Free Member

If you are using Firefox as a web browser then you can et an add on called ‘Download helper’ that will download any video that is streaming to your computer. It saves as a variety of file formats though so you may need a conversion program to get it to your ipod

DrJ

Using Firefox you can capture the clip as an MP4 and load it directly to your iPod.

Gory details here:
    http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2008/04/download-youtube-videos-as-mp4-files.html

markgraylish
    Free Member

chvck – have you used that link? I just tried it and there is no indication that a file has been created for you or prompt to ‘save as’ on your PC.

grumm
    Free Member

Audio Hijack does it on the Mac

chvck
    Free Member

markgraylish – nah I haven’t tried it properly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can you download music from youtube?’ is closed to new replies.