Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Can I just be a complete twerp please and show off?
  • Cougar

Thing is, it’ll never see the light of day on my wrist.

You know, I’ve never understood this. If I had something like that, I’d have it surgically grafted to my skin. It’s a lovely thing I’m sure, with lots of sentimental value, but what good is it doing in a drawer? Might as well have lost it.

Not quite the same, but the only thing I have of my granddad’s is his favourite mug. I use it every day, it’s chipped to hell now and will no doubt die at some point, but it’s a constant reminder that I get enjoyment from. Stuck in a cupboard it’d be pristine but forgotten.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Some of those Omegas look just like the one my Dad wears. He bought it in 1964, and it’s been working well since (without a service – not advised). One of the reasons I bought a Seamaster a couple of years ago. Hopefully, it’ll last the same length of time as my Dad’s – and the pattern on the back and the fonts haven’t changed in nearly 50 years.

When Dad dies, it’s the one thing I’m bothered about. Rest of family can have everything else.

Edit: OP, nice looking watch.

CountZero

Lovely watches, those, but I’m not personally that keen on that sort of styling, a bit too retro 50’s for me, and there are no circumstances I’d need to wear a dress watch.

A watch is heavy & useless since everyone (mostly) has a mobile phone in their pocket all the time. The only reason to own one is shallow vanity

Bollox, pulling a phone out of your pocket, turning it around until you can see the front, waking it up to see the time, takes ten to twenty times as long as just a quick glance at your wrist, and is even more ‘hey, look at me, I’ve got a whizzy phone, see, it tells the time and everything! Aren’t I really cool’
    No, you’re an idiot who thinks several hundred pounds-worth of smartphone is a good substitute for something costing twenty quid that you wear on your wrist. 🙄

unovolo
    Free Member

Wouldnt be without a watch,I can quite happily function without a mobile phone but feel slightly lost without a watch on.

I have a old wooden writing slope which has been converted into my watch box which has several residing it it at the mo,really could do with clearing some out.

Nice clean design to that Seamaster,ignore the naysayers.

ampthill

Weird I really didn’t think I was being that abrasive. I had no idea what one cost and know one else was saying

For the record my bike was £800. But will cost a lot more than a watch to maintain and be used less often

I’ll say it again

If it makes you happy I’m pleased for you

racefaceec90

am happy that you finally realized a childhood dream 😀
    very nice watch btw 😉

bruneep

These far east fakes are really good now. 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Can I just be a complete twerp please and show off?’ is closed to new replies.