Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can a Fox Talas 36 be lowered with a travel spacer?
  • geordiepaul
    Free Member

I’ve searched around and it seems a bit inconclusive. Mojo’s website says all forks (bar a few exceptions) can be lowered. My Talas 32 150mm came with a 10mm travel spacer so I would assume a Talas can be.

Searching around some people say a Talas can’t be lowered. I’ve been trying to find a guide but with no luck. There are a few for the Float but the Talas is slightly different.

Just want to reduce mine to 150mm.

Can anyone help?

Lakes_Puma

I’d be surprised if you could, I’ve had mine to bits a couple of times and the talas unit is pretty much enclosed, even stripped down (from the images on the fox website) I couldn’t see where you would put a space.

xiphon
    Free Member

Thought the whole point of TALAS is you can adjust the travel? My 36s go from 100mm-150mm, in 3mm increments.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

I just want to lower it 10mm from 160-120mm to 150-110mm.
    I’d got the impression it was possible.

eshershore
    Free Member

nope…get the Float conversion, it allows proper sag setup, a much more reactive fork (small bumps!) and you can quickly / easily reduce the fixed travel using the spacer adjustments

you will find that a Float fork sits deeper into the travel when the sag is properly setup, than a TALAS which always “sits high” when setting sag

I converted a number of Talas forks to Float forks for myself and many customers, and none ever reported missing a travel adjustable fork, all reported good benefits to a more plush fork that worked properly 😉

geordiepaul
    Free Member

How hard is it to convert them?

xiphon
    Free Member

Next time my forks are due a major service, I’m going down the Float conversion route – although Vans is very temping too!

geordiepaul
    Free Member

I’ve read the conversion is quite easy and the Float spring is only £80.
    Can’t find a guide though…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can a Fox Talas 36 be lowered with a travel spacer?’ is closed to new replies.