• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Del.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Can a dodgy beer give you the sh!ts?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Got given a bottle of local brewery beer yesterday – had it last night with dinner (my wife is fine this morning) and I can link it to anything I ate. Got the runs and very bad wind and cramps. Anyone else had an issue with dodgy bitter/ale?

Coyote
    Free Member

Oh yes!

Edric64
    Free Member

did it taste /smell ok? more likely to get a problem from a barrel rather than a bottle

Edric64
    Free Member

Or is it the old I had a bad pint that made me ill last night joke

Which one ?
    the tenth!!

Harry_the_Spider

2 words.

Joseph Holts

foxyrider
    Free Member

LOL – no I only had 1 bottle – It smelt and tested OK (not my poo 😉 ) – not my perfect taste but not cloudy – fairly yeasty though – was going out on a ride this morning instead I spent most of the time on the bog this morning – 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah beer can deffo do that to yer. Is it a ‘live’ beer, IE, not pasturised? I find some real ales can give me terrible wind. Terrible wind. Giving you the runs is a bit worser though. Might be worth having a word with the brewery you know; might be a bit late, but if it is their beer, then they could be in all sorts of trouble if there’s something contaminating it.

It could be just your reaction to it. Maybe try another bottle; if it has the same effects, but not on others, then you know it doesn’t agree with you. Could be some reaction you have to the yeast or something like that. Getting the runs suggests a bacterial infection mind.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

could be all the yeasty bits that were floating about in it. some beers have this in the bottle – best to let it settle and then pour carefully.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Its calming down now – It was a free bottle they gave a mate who gave it to me – it was for returning a keg and was unlabelled off the run so I don’t know what it was – I don’t think i’ll drink a beer which a mate give me without a label 🙁 Stick to less “real” ale from now on. I quite like leffe at the mo 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Not sure about the video, but the lyrics might help. 😆

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKY2jnSUwyo[/video]

foxyrider
    Free Member

Settled down with Immodium, Ibuprofen and some pooing and farting – was able a short road ride in teh end 🙂

Cheers Don – Spot on 😉 Good track that 🙂 Weird video to go with the song eh ? 🙂

CountZero

I find there are certain real ales that can go through me like a Ferrarri, but others are fine. Wadworth’s 6X had what could best be described as a ‘purgative’ effect, for some odd reason. Moles, Bath Ales, Otter; all fine.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yeh never had any problem with anything but this was a bottle real ale so……

GlitterGary
    Free Member

About 15 pints usually gives me the runs. From both ends.

Cougar

Beer that’s ‘off’ can have devastating effects on your digestive tract. Years of practice have taught me that.

I find some real ales can give me terrible wind. Terrible wind.

+1. Theakston’s is the big one for me, it’s known as “Theakston’s Finest Eggy” amongst my mates. Nice stuff but my god do you ever turn the air brown the next day. And not just trumps but really evil trumps.

Del

food poisoning can take up to 30 days to come through. 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Can a dodgy beer give you the sh!ts?’ is closed to new replies.