Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • campsites cornwall
  • tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Looking for a campsite in cornwall.
    Late July 2012 needs to be near to beach with potential to surf.
    Has to be close to sporting activities.good seafood restaurants in district.kid tolerant for 2 active 10 and 12 year olds.
    thanks
    Richard

wallop

For surf you are probably looking at west or north coasts – Sennen/St Ives/Perranporth/Newquay.

Good seafood restaurants – not sure about Newquay but St Ives definitely has a few.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Ayr holiday park in St Ives was superb. When we stayed a couple of years back it was wonderful – washrooms like you wouldn’t believe, and the view across the bay from your pitch was worth the walk up the hill after a pint. Not too expensive considering what you get compared to many other sites. we look forward to going back. eventually.

Selled
    Free Member

I have just looked into this for the same time next year. We have just decided on Mother Iveys near Harlyn for exactly the reasons you mentioned (surfing, beach is walk able). Also intend to take the bike, but probably the road bike. There was another campsite nearby, but much more commercial. We prefer to spend our evenings playing with the kids, rather than have someone else entertain them whilst we drink!

llanarthpalomino
    Free Member

Would sugest anywhere around st. Merryn/ padstow. St merryns moto reads “seven bays for seven days”. Higher harlyn is always a good option, five minute walk to the beaches. Or for a 10 minute drive there’s st merryn holiday park, both have child friendly evening entertainment. An a 10 minute drive to padstow from both (home of rick steins seafood restraunt if you really want to pay £70+ per head, but plenty of other options)

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Thanks some good suggestions here.

disben

we have been going to Valley Campsite in Polzeath for years. Its reasonably priced, well run and good facilities (a lot just been rebuilt). It is also 2 mins from the beach and has good surf, walks and mtb. You can cycle to rock, catch the ferry to padstow and then you have the whole of the Camel trail for you! The campsite is also family friendly / focused. Food wise – you cant beat Padstow and their are several restaurants in Polzeath.

mattrgee
    Free Member

We stayed at Padstow Touring Park in August this year and it was lovely. There’s at least 5 beaches all within 5 – 10 minutes drive away.

Padstow Touring Park – Five Star Camping and Caravan Site, Cornwall

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=2725

drewfus
    Free Member

a few years back me and mrs drewfus went to Rosehill campsite at Porthtowan.. not been for a while but 5 mins walk to beach.Plenty of surfing, body boarders surf shop and Blue bar pub on beach front with ace food.. Cant find a link but google it.

wallop

Caqmping at Polzeath is a good suggestion. Great food in Padstow, and Wadebridge is a lovely town too – if I was ever to move back to Cornwall I reckon I’d head towards Wadebridge.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘campsites cornwall’ is closed to new replies.