Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Camping in Cornwall
  • Brycey
    Free Member

Anyone recommend a good campsite in St Ives? Thanks

Pieface

Although not St Ives, and not particularly close to a pub, we satyed at a very nice place just south of St. Just, in which 'The Star' is a rather good pub.

You can get the open top bus to St Ives from St Just in about an hour.

Its near Bosavern / Keynack on Google Maps, can't remember the name but a nice quiet campsite with the facilities you need, resaonably priced and not over organised – You get allocated a pitch but the site isn't full of silly rules and so on.

jowdak
    Free Member

Polmantor in Halsetown is a good one, about a mile out of St.Ives.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

we camped in one on the hill overlooking the more westerly bay. Usual campsite stuff until you reached the showers/bogs. Really – i've stayed in good hotels with worse facilities, really nice warm clean quiet and endless hot water. No 50p dashes in cold wet drafty showers for me.

Muke
    Free Member

St Ives campsites @ UKCampsite.co.uk

Brycey
    Free Member

Thanks folks. Good bogs is a major requirement of the other half so one on hill sounds good!

Leigh
    Free Member

yep the one on the hill that over looks porthmeor beach is very good, best showers, toilets etc i have ever had on a camp site

Brycey
    Free Member

Any idea what the one on the hill may be called folks? As you can imagine t'internet search throws up loads.

jowdak
    Free Member

Ayr camp site.

Brycey
    Free Member

Got it – ta

carlphillips
    Free Member

beachside tis ok too up the road a bit

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Camping in Cornwall’ is closed to new replies.