Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Camper vans and pets….
  • mrcamel
    Free Member

Obviously lots of camper van users on here so a not so random question for you….. Anyone holiday with their camper van and pets that aren't dogs?? Thinking of doing a Transporter or Vivaro part conversion for a 4-6mths in France but don't really want to have to put the cats in a cattery for so long.
    Alternative of course would be a holiday home or long let, but there's less adventure and less toys this way….

Milkie
    Free Member

My cat hates traveling, it stresses him out a lot, which is why he stays at home sleeping, which is what he loves. My friend had a cat, and it would go everywhere with her, but she started this when it was a kitten.

Don't you have any friends that would like a cat for 6 months?

I have no idea about this.. But doesn't the cat have to go into quarantine for 6 months when you come back in to England?

Drac

No not if it has a passport.

spooky_b329

We used to have freinds that would come on holiday with us with their cat, both in a tent and a caravan.

Was OK the first few times, but then the cat went walkabout on the day we were due to leave. We'd packed, waited a few hours whilst they searched the woods etc, then they packed, then searched again. Eventually we all left, but they turned round 20 minutes later and hung around for a few more hours til he showed up. Stressful, and really messes your day up!

Plus, what if its hot and you want to go out for the day or a meal? You can't leave the cat in a hot van.

I'd have to say, the best option would be find some friends to look after it…or pay someone you don't know!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

One of my cats enjoys car rides & will happily sit either on my lap or at my feet going nowhere fast for an hour or more (as tested so far!).
    The other one gets stressed out about it & makes a 'mess'. 🙁

I'd love to take them to the beach to see what they make of it! 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Camper vans and pets….’ is closed to new replies.