Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Campagnolo corkscrews, anyone actually bought one?
  • 13thfloormonk

Its my dad’s 60th coming up, he’s been a die hard cyclist for decades now and loves his classic steel Audax bike and his Campagnolo equipment, so the Campag corkscrew seemed a nice choice of present (perhaps not the £150 one though…).

Is it worth getting? By which I mean, is it nicely packaged, any sort of interesting info/backstory with it, or does it just get delivered CRC style in a plastic bag saying ‘Corkscrew’ 8)

foxyrider
    Free Member

I don’t know about any info with it but it should be packaged like this?

13thfloormonk

Aha, thanks Foxyrider, I’d only seen the pictures from a couple of shops which didn’t show the packaging, that looks pretty nice.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Prob give CRC a ring or mail just to confirm its not in OEM packaging 😉

Edit: Just found this:

http://www.campagnolo.com/jsp/en/world/index.jsp

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/review-water-bottles-cages/the-campagnolo-corkscrew_102.html

DezB
    Free Member
    13thfloormonk

Hmm, yes… truly a case of ‘forum first, google second’ there, sorry! 😳

Think I’ll be going for the smaller version, leaves me room for a ‘back-up’ present of some posh wine to open with it!

BIGMAN
    Free Member

i bought one! Very pretty…

Seemed like a good idea while pissed…

tonyg2003

Yep had one for 14yrs. Always a pleasure to use too. We got it as a wedding present from a mate who owns a bike shop.

wwaswas

they’re a lot bigger in real life than I thought they’d be…

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I bought a silver one for my parents’ 25th. It is teh awsumz, all their cycling cronies love it

robob
    Free Member

i was bought the plastic one for my birthday. plastic doesn’t really sound right though think quality looking and feeling glossy black bakelite.

it still has the campag bolts and it still opens bottles effortlesly and its still an absolute pleasure to use but doesn’t come in a fancy pants box if thats what yer after.

13thfloormonk

I was bought the plastic one for my birthday.

Ah, hadn’t realised there was a plastic one, cheers!

ourmaninthenorth

monk – just buy him the expensive one. Go on. You know which one he’ll really want…. 😀

whinosp
    Free Member

I was bought the bronze one years ago. It is one of the few possessions I would hate to lose, not just because it allows me in to bottles of wine.

13thfloormonk

Ourmaninthenorth, I know, its inevitable really, but at the same time, I’m getting some very recriminating looks from the very white, very carbon disco slippers I just bought myself last week. The bank account’s going to feel this one… 😕

Bronze or silver though, that is the question!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Campagnolo corkscrews, anyone actually bought one?’ is closed to new replies.