Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Camera for the trails – advice wanted please
  • clunker

Have a Nikon DLSR for main photos but want something I can put in the Camelbak whilst out on the rough stuff, what you guys using?

Cheers
    Matt 8)

erbii
    Free Member

Ricoh R10 just nice compact with a few features to stop me getting bored & it looks stylish..

Maybe not the simplest though 🙂

benji_allen
    Free Member

Olympus Mju 850. Not the best feature wise, but it's pretty tough, and waterproof. Take it biking, climbing, boarding. Took it mountaineering in the Alps, dropped a couple of times, no problems with the cold. Last camera got condensation in it in the Alps in 2005. Mate's got one and took it snorkelling.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Second the Olympus Mju waterproof ones. The slightly wider angle (28mm equiv) lens is rally handy.

br
    Free Member

Had a Canon IXUS 50 for years, cracking little camera.

But whatever you buy, get an extra battery and LowePro Apex case – protective and waterproof enough to wear it on my Camelbak belt.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I inherited my Wife's cast-off Ixus 430.Had it for years,no problems and decent enough picture quality.

heihei

just got a Lumix GF1 to back up my Nikon DSLR and have to say it ticks all the right boxes. TBH I think it's easier to use than the Nikon – very adjustable, and with the 20mm 1.8 lens very fast. Autofocus is very quick, and with virtually no shutter lag, beats any compact into the dust! Not cheap mind but very good.

clunker

Thanks for the helps chaps, had been thinking of one of the mju Olympus cameras, looks like its one of those then 8)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Camera for the trails – advice wanted please’ is closed to new replies.